Just discovered I like romance! Could you recommend some to me please?

(2 Posts)
AlaskanSnow Fri 15-Jul-16 20:57:30

I usually read crime/thriller/mystery books, but a friend suggested I read the Rock Chick series by Kirsten Ashley as she said they were quite funny.

I read the whole series in a matter of days, and loved them!

So, as I have no idea who else to look at, could you make some suggestions. I did try some of her other series, but they were a bit drippy. although the unfinished heroes ones were more raunchy, which I didn't mind but there was only 5 of them and they didn't have the same humor/action as the Rock Chick series.

I still like a bit of tension/action if possible.

Thanks!

iamEarthymama Mon 18-Jul-16 05:55:36

I have a secret passion for Nora Roberts, she, along with Georgette Heyer, is my comfort read when life is hard. 😉 Lots of romance, but not in a 'She hated him, but now she loves him' way, more a 'can life change to include this' style.

There are various types, some are stories set over several books, family sagas, supernatural vibes. There are stand alone books, often with a crime element.

The early ones are a bit M&B, but I like the fact that people are nice to one another.

As JD Robb she writes crime fiction set late in C21st New York. They are have a high dose of romance and good characters

One thing that makes me smile is that no-one ever really struggles with money or the everyday petty realities that grind us down.
A real dose of escapism.

(I can't believe I have spent so long talking about NR!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now