Talk

Advanced search

The Muse - Jessie Burton

(7 Posts)
southeastdweller Wed 29-Jun-16 19:30:28

Her follow-up to The Miniaturist is out tomorrow. I wasn't crazy about The Miniaturist but the plot for this one seems more interesting so I've pre-ordered it.

Anyone else going to read it?

boldlygoingsomewhere Wed 29-Jun-16 19:32:49

I've already read it - proof copy. grin

I thought it was much better overall compared to The Minituarist - much tighter plotting and satisfying ending. She creates a great sense of place and time in it.

MermaidofZennor Wed 29-Jun-16 22:50:41

One more to add to my tbr list smile I did enjoy The Miniaturist, despite the slightly odd ending. She writes very well, so will keep an eye out for this at the library.

mimbleandlittlemy Thu 30-Jun-16 15:35:35

I'm hoping it will have been delivered on to my kindle during the course of the day. Pre-ordered if for £6.99 which seemed a good deal.

mimbleandlittlemy Sun 10-Jul-16 21:15:35

Now finished it. Not sure how much I enjoyed it really. The structure of the book means you are just moving along with the flow and you are jolted elsewhere. I guessed the twist from too far back as well so it left me a bit disattisfied really. Not a bad read but I wasn't captivated like with The Miniaturist.

frenchfancy Sun 10-Jul-16 21:22:42

It is the radio 4 book at bedtime at the moment. I'm listening on catch up and enjoying it.

JemimaMuddledUp Tue 12-Jul-16 22:26:05

I'm listening on R4 too but not really getting into it. Loved The Miniaturist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now