Barbara vine the Brimstone Wedding

(5 Posts)
Iratelaundryperson Thu 16-Jun-16 20:20:24

Hi,
I'm a bit of a fan of Barbara Vine books, after enjoying reading A Fatal Inversion last summer and Grasshopper a few years ago
I picked this up in a charity shop a few weeks ago and want to read it but keep thinking shall I save it for my holiday in 3 weeks time?

Has anyone read it? Is it worth saving for hols? I want to read a really good book on holiday.

I also have Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell and Spare Brides by Adele Parks and can't decide what to read now and what to save to take away! Aaagghhh!

Clawdy Sun 19-Jun-16 21:28:42

Yes,it's a good read, like most of her earlier work. Instructions for a Heatwave is really good too!

Iratelaundryperson Mon 20-Jun-16 18:50:25

Thanks, I've started reading it and am enjoying it so far.

LastAnni Thu 30-Jun-16 22:49:06

Not quite what you're asking but I've just finished Asta's Book by Barbara Vine and it was possibly the best ending of a book I've ever read. No one could plot like her! All her books are stupendously good.

Iratelaundryperson Thu 11-Aug-16 14:08:44

Thanks, I will look out for that one. I read The Brimstone wedding and finished it a few weeks ago and it was so good. Loved everything about it, was definitely the best book I've read for quite a while!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now