Advanced search


(2 Posts)
danne Thu 16-Jun-16 18:09:55

I'm reading a book with a word "suckers" in the title. I hear that expression only in the Simpsons. I like the sound of it but I never hear it here. What would be equivalent in England?

OP’s posts: |
cdtaylornats Thu 16-Jun-16 23:15:16

I've been using sucker for longer than the Simpsons, its quite common in Scotland or you might hear "gowk".

An equivalent would be "dupe".

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in