Talk

Advanced search

SPOILERS - Harry Potter Cursed Child - SPOILERS

(16 Posts)
TormundGiantsbabe Sat 11-Jun-16 18:24:03

DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE OR DISCUSS SPOILERS

I wasn't sure where to put this (I couldn't find a theatre topic) but as the script will be released next month here was as good a place as anywhere.

Has anyone seen the play/read the summary yet? What do you think? I've read the plot summary online and I have to say I'm disappointed. I'm sure it looks fabulous on stage and the acting is probably brilliant, but the actual plot just seems a bit like bad fanfiction (of which I've read my fair share). I mean Delphie? Cedric? Just WTF?

toffee1000 Sun 12-Jun-16 18:18:42

The majority of the fans on a Facebook like page (as in, something to do with Harry Potter and they post photos etc) all say it sounds like a totally ridiculous fanfiction. I have to agree, the premise sounds totally unbelievable. What the actual fuck.

RemusLupinsCardigan Sun 12-Jun-16 19:16:27

Following! My daughter (5) is obsessed with all things HP in a serious way and I need to know if the play and book will add to her experience or confuse the feck out of her because she is very excited about it.

Sadik Sun 12-Jun-16 21:22:23

Agree it sounds utterly bizarre. Is it definitely the real plot, though?

NapQueen Sun 12-Jun-16 21:23:45

I'm never going to be able to see it, u less it tours the UK, so I'd gladly read a plot summery or spoilers if any pen wants to link

Sadik Sun 12-Jun-16 21:27:10

Here's the ones I've seen.

TormundGiantsbabe Sun 12-Jun-16 21:54:27

I hope it's not real! It's just so unbelievably rubbish. I'd rather have a story about the new gen kids having knew adventures and let the past be the past. Maybe I've just grown up too much since the last book?

TormundGiantsbabe Sun 12-Jun-16 21:55:02

*new

OliveBranchCollins Mon 13-Jun-16 22:30:45

It sounds really crap

fatowl Tue 14-Jun-16 14:29:58

Oh dear, it sounds utter shit.
(and I'm a huge HP fan)
sad sad sad sad sad sad

GrendelsMother23 Tue 14-Jun-16 15:41:38

Dear God, I just read the spoilers and a) none of it seems organic to the books, and b) it's SO convoluted. Bloody hell. No one will be able to keep track.

I wish Rowling had just stopped with book seven. Even the film of Fantastic Beasts just seems like beating a dead horse, really.

toffee1000 Tue 14-Jun-16 20:18:06

Grendels to be fair though Fantastic Beasts is set in an entirely different time period and country. But I can kind of see what you mean.
Plus Cursed Child wasn't even written by Rowling. Although she did have a hand in it. I am kind of tempted to go and see it though just to see if it is as arse as it sounds.

IAmAPaleontologist Tue 14-Jun-16 20:33:52

That plot summary was rather confusing! Time turner fanfic never ends well, meddling with time and all the repercussions is just far too baffling and difficult to keep in check. Urgh. I rather suspect that jk realised that she would never be able to get away from fanfic so she might as well endorse an official fanfic version of the next gen.

GrendelsMother23 Wed 15-Jun-16 09:06:10

Plus, ew ew ew, Voldemort having sex. NAH. I don't even want to think about it. I can't imagine it in any way other than totally-horrible-taking-advantage-of-the-fact-that-Bellatrix-is-into-him - presumably she's still capable of love, but he ISN'T, that's the point! And not that no-strings sex is necessarily a bad thing, but it has to be no-strings for both partners, otherwise it's just mean.

...And now I'm thinking about sexual equality and enthusiastic consent in the Potterverse of a Wednesday morning <wanders off muttering>

Justbeingnosey123 Wed 15-Jun-16 09:10:42

I'm not convinced this isn't a hoax too many things don't or can't make sense with a plot summary like this I don't see how the reviews are so favourable so I'm choosing to not believe till the official stuff it's out 🙈🙉

SickRose Sun 19-Jun-16 16:20:28

Saw the play yesterday. The plot summary linked above is correct. Some of it didn't sit right with me, like Voldemort having a daughter but the play itself was great. There were a couple of moments that had me in tears!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now