Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Favourite Place to Read

(17 Posts)
louisagradgrind Thu 02-Jun-16 14:54:39

Do you have one?

Mine is on the sofa, window open to let in a warm breeze, with some music playing very quietly in the background.

waycat Thu 02-Jun-16 17:11:34

Anywhere where I can grab five minutes peace and quiet!

However, for me it has to be in bed in the evening, house still and quiet, phone on "Do not disturb" - read until my eyes start to close.....perfect end to the day!

Lilaclily Thu 02-Jun-16 17:12:38

In the bath
Only place I don't get disturbed

MarbleFox Thu 02-Jun-16 17:25:26

I really enjoy reading on the train, I have an hour commute to and from college so that's where I do most of my reading. I second yours, a good book and a comfy chair next to an open window on a sunny day with a coffee is lovely smile

FuckingFattyBitch Thu 02-Jun-16 17:27:00

In bed or in the bath.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Thu 02-Jun-16 17:29:16

In the bath

louisagradgrind Thu 02-Jun-16 18:34:29

But if you read in the bath, presumably you can only read books that you won't mind getting soggy!

FuckingFattyBitch Thu 02-Jun-16 19:14:29

They don't get soggy...why would they get soggy? confused unless you're reading underwater grin

GottaGetThisDone Thu 02-Jun-16 21:51:09

I persuaded DH to turn a small room we have downstairs into a library, its where we have all our books, fiction, non fiction, research books etc in, plus some knick knacks. I LOVE the room but I love it even more now i have a (maternity) rocker in it and can easily lose myself in a book for a few hours if left alone smile

FuckingFattyBitch Thu 02-Jun-16 21:52:25

gotta envy I would love love love a library.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 02-Jun-16 21:57:21

It has to be in bed. Well the beach is great but I often get disturbed, so yes, bed for me smile

FernieB Thu 02-Jun-16 22:28:14

Has to be the garden. Cup of tea, cushions on the step to make a seat and relax.... (We do have proper garden furniture but I prefer the step).

In winter - feet up on the sofa by the front window.

FernieB Thu 02-Jun-16 22:28:38

Has to be the garden. Cup of tea, cushions on the step to make a seat and relax.... (We do have proper garden furniture but I prefer the step).

In winter - feet up on the sofa by the front window.

louisagradgrind Fri 03-Jun-16 09:46:12

A room just for reading in...wow! So envious.

MyIronLung Mon 20-Jun-16 21:08:47

Bath and bed. I love the idea of reading in the park, curled up/lying on the grass under a tree but the reality tends to be bugs, uncomfortable ground and needing a wee grin.

JamieVardysParty Tue 21-Jun-16 16:34:07

Agree, bath or bed. Although we have a really comfy L shaped sofa that I occasionally read on.

Debating getting a sun lounger for our patio. We live in a small flat but have a little outdoor shared space, so may turn this into my Kindle area.

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Tue 21-Jun-16 22:03:41

In bed, especially in the morning when I don't need to get up in a hurry.
Also in my special 'reading chair' which nobody else ever sits in.

Before we got married DH's house had stairs going up from his living room with a perfect bend in them. Very soft carpet, I could sit there for hours. We now have a bend in our stairs but it isn't the same sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now