Talk

Advanced search

need recommendations for my kindle

(15 Posts)
tralaaa Fri 27-May-16 06:00:18

I would like to load my kindle up as I read a lot on holiday, but can't seem to see anything good I've read Gone Girl ( rubbish ending), Girl on a train, brilliant, When God was a rabbit, brilliant. Rachel's holiday( read and re read) all of Jenny Eclair's book - any recommendations please

OP’s posts: |
sofato5miles Fri 27-May-16 06:07:48

100 year old man who jumped out a window. The Rosie project ( hilarious). My brilliant friend series ( heavy but though provoking)

tralaaa Fri 27-May-16 06:11:25

Thank you I've read the Rosie project loved it will check out the man one

OP’s posts: |
Howaboutthisone Fri 27-May-16 06:23:02

I like Diane chamberlain, liane moriarty and Kate Morton. You could get a few samples and see what you think.

Rainbowqueeen Fri 27-May-16 06:25:51

Emily Barr is also a good author

I recently read and really enjoyed The Martian ( the book the movie is based on) and A Man called Ove

ChippyMinton Fri 27-May-16 06:29:37

Anne Cleeve
Kate Atkinson
Daphne du Maurier

dalek Fri 27-May-16 13:43:41

If you've never read any Stephen King I would heartily recommend. Generally quite long so you get a lot of book for your money as well!

Another one is The light between oceans - I still think about that book and I read it about 3 years ago

saltysquid Fri 27-May-16 16:20:04

Behind closed doors-b a Paris
The nightingale - Kirsten Hannah
Anything by Lucinda Riley, Rachel Hore, Lucy Diamond, Lucy Dillon

Thankfulforeveryday Fri 27-May-16 18:00:26

Rachel Abbott has done 5 books they are all great but try to read them in order if you can!! I read all of them on my holiday!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 30-May-16 13:14:21

Try this by Veronica Henry. It's a Quick Read so nice and short (and only 99p) and makes for a lovely light holiday read.

Acopyofacopy Mon 30-May-16 13:20:58

I got sucked into Divergent against my will! Good holiday read, I had to read the second in the series straight after.

mumhum Mon 30-May-16 15:17:31

Anything by Wally Lamb

frenchfancy Mon 30-May-16 17:26:10

I second The Nightingale by Kirsten Hannah. I've just finished it - really good.

Anything by Lianne Moriarty or Dianne Chamberlain or Jojo Moyes

VanderlyleGeek Mon 30-May-16 18:52:47

Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple is wonderful, as is any Kate Atkinson.

KittyKat37 Thu 02-Jun-16 14:03:19

I am rattling through Expecting the Unexpected: One Man's Journey Through a Most Eventful Pregnancy by Ferrel E. Calpin on my kindle. Really moving but also very funny in places!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in