Talk

Advanced search

Best erotic fiction (lighthearted)

(6 Posts)
MrsNuckyT Thu 19-May-16 12:46:26

TTC at the moment. Managed first cycle to conceive DC1 while reading 50SG and confident it help (yes, I was one of THOSE women).

I don't normally read that stuff, like all sorts of other genres from Booker Prize shortlists, to Stephen King to crime novels.

Can anyone recommend a filthy page turner for my holidays to get my in the mood please? It should have at least the semblance of a plot!

cdtaylornats Thu 19-May-16 23:01:11

The Story of O - Pauline Reage

Think Fifty Shades but written by an adult, with a good vocabulary and realism.

The Story of O relates the progressive willful debasement of a young and beautiful Parisian fashion photographer, O, who wants nothing more than to be a slave to her lover, René. The test is severe—sexual in method, psychological in substance… The artistic interest here has precisely to do with the use not only of erotic materials but also erotic methods, the deliberate stimulation of the reader as a part of and means to a total, authentic literary experience.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Fri 20-May-16 04:40:52

Sherrilyn Kenyon and Shelly Laurenceston both write paranormal romance books that have good plots, decent story lines, and are pretty racy too grin wink

MrsNuckyT Mon 23-May-16 11:57:50

Paranormal romance? Ooooh er missus!

Thanks, will give them a go, along with the Story of O!!

AnotherEmma Mon 23-May-16 11:59:21

Anais Nin

tripfiction Tue 24-May-16 20:49:58

You could try Maestra by L S Hilton - the publishing industry has invested huge amounts, to be the new 50 Shades. It gets stuck in. Here's our review www.tripfiction.com/novel-set-in-london-and-paris/ I reckon that will fit the bill of a filthy page turner! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now