Talk

Advanced search

Chris Packham "Fingers in the Sparkle Jar"

(6 Posts)
BlackMarigold Wed 11-May-16 10:03:23

Has anyone read this? it's R4 Book of the Week and I've just listened to first 2 episodes on catchup. Found it fascinating, he seems to be being painfully honest. Will probably buy the book when it comes out in paperback.

MermaidofZennor Wed 11-May-16 10:19:15

On my wish list. Deliberately avoiding R4 reading so I can read it in full. Really like Chris Packham, esp Springwatch etc.

SatsukiKusakabe Wed 11-May-16 18:46:42

Saw this book in the paper the other day,Babur not sure I'll get round to reading it, so thanks for this, will try and find it on iplayer smile

jasmine1979 Thu 19-May-16 12:58:21

I listened to this all at the weekend on iplayer and was really moved by it. I ordered the book this morning, as the radio production was clearly very abridged, although it has to be said beautifully done.
Will report back once I have finished it. smile

Hygellig Fri 20-May-16 10:33:35

I haven't read this yet, but would like to do so soon. I read the interview with Chris Packham in the Radio Times. I had no idea that he had Asperger's Syndrome or that he had struggled with depression.

I have fond memories of watching Chris Packham on the Really Wild Show back in the 80s and think he is a great campaigner for wildlife today.

SealSong Thu 15-Sep-16 18:27:39

Old thread I know, but I've just finished reading this and ...OMG what an incredible book. Raw, vivid and very personal. I don't think I've ever read anything quite like it. Brilliant portrayal of the alienation that a child with ASD can feel in the face of awful bullying. Well done Chris for writing this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now