Talk

Advanced search

There a new St. Mary's book coming

(28 Posts)
Helgathehairy Mon 02-May-16 19:02:38

Lies, damned lies and History due 19th May. It's a prequel apparently so interesting to see how that works but, after the revelation at the end of the last book I was looking forward to see how that worked out.

SingingSands Mon 02-May-16 19:04:16

I'm going have to go back for a recap. I can't remember the end very clearly. I do remember being a bit disappointed by it though.

Heirhelp Mon 02-May-16 21:28:57

Do you mean the series about time traveling? If yes, I am very excited!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Tue 03-May-16 13:16:01

Oh no - a prequel :-( so sitting whereabouts in the timeline of the existing stories?

Helgathehairy Tue 03-May-16 20:19:58

Apparently it takes place before the first book which doesn't really make sense.

Heirhelp Tue 03-May-16 20:29:24

If I remember correctly in the last book she ended up in an alternative universe.

FoolMe Tue 03-May-16 20:32:00

I like these books but I can never keep track of who's who

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Tue 03-May-16 20:32:18

But that's what The Very First Damned Thing (short story that came out at Christmas) covers... I'm confused sad

Where did you find out that it's a prequel? I've been searching through Tinterweb desperately for spoilers or hints and I can't find any clues - I'm so rubbish at waiting for surprises!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Tue 03-May-16 20:33:41

She arrives in the alternate universe at the end of book 3....if you haven't read to book 6, I won't spoil.

Heirhelp Tue 03-May-16 21:15:46

Am I that far behind! I really hope so because that means I have three new books to read.

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Tue 03-May-16 21:24:57

Does the phrase "Time Police" mean anything to you? If not, you do have 3 more books (4 as of Thursday when the next comes out as an ebook).... and a handful of short stories.

I am jealous, I'm rereading atm but it's not the same as reading for the first time.

MillicentMargaretAmanda Tue 03-May-16 23:18:10

Excited for the next book but debating whether to leave reading it until big holiday in August... can I wait that long??

TheSecondOfHerName Tue 03-May-16 23:28:48

I really enjoy this series but have to admit that I don't really keep track of the timeline of the books. I have read all the novels published do far, and have the most recent short story saved on my kindle for a rainy day.

I became vaguely aware that we had entered the other trouser leg of time, because the 'special relationship' was not what I recognise from the universe I live in.

neonrainbow Tue 03-May-16 23:34:52

The alternative universe thing was rubbish. I'm very excited for the new book though smile

Helgathehairy Wed 04-May-16 11:17:44

I saw that it was a prequel here www.goodreads.com/book/show/26308512-lies-damned-lies-and-history?utm_campaign=2016_5&utm_content=author_pos1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=new_releases#. If you go to the first review by Candy then she mentions it's a prequel.

JasperDamerel Wed 04-May-16 11:23:03

I'm pretty sure that that review was a mistake and was really for The Very First Damned Thing.

And it was always set in a parallel universe, just a different parallel universe to the one of the later books.

Ludways Wed 04-May-16 11:36:51

I love this series. The book I'm reading at the moment is dragging, I'll have to speed up so I can read read this when it comes out!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Wed 04-May-16 12:50:18

I saw that review; I think Jasper's right and it's for The Very First Damned Thing which covers the setting up of St Mary's right up to Max's arrival as a trainee.

The "back flap taster" stuff I've seen for Lies Damned Lies definitely implies it's about Max.... am I going to be able to wait till my birthday next week and read as a birthday treat or am I going to download it at midnight tonight??? (Who am I kidding!)

Helgathehairy Wed 04-May-16 19:55:45

Didn't realise it was out tonight - Goodreads has it as 19th May. That's tomorrow sorted!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Wed 04-May-16 21:04:29

Hard back is out on 19th, kindle version on 5th. Tbh I'm just assuming midnight - it was midnight-ish last time I pre-ordered a kindle book.

EmilyAlice Thu 05-May-16 17:36:08

Downloaded at 6am and finished at teatime. Loved it. And it follows on from the last one that wasn't the prequel iyswim. grin

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 05-May-16 19:43:04

Is it better than book 6 (my least favourite so far?)

No spoilers please - so far I'm managing to hold out starting it till my birthday smile

Helgathehairy Thu 05-May-16 20:06:07

I've downloaded it but might hold off reading till the weekend. Really looking forward to it.

CharleyDavidson Thu 05-May-16 21:28:57

Ooo... that's me headed for an early night with my kindle then. I'd preordered and forgotten it was out today.

Helgathehairy Sat 07-May-16 18:52:59

I read it. No spoilers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now