Mind of winter

(3 Posts)
Sounbelievablydull Fri 01-Apr-16 18:05:17

Has anyone read this? I can't decide whether or not I liked it. Would love to hear what others thought.

Catastrophica Sat 02-Apr-16 15:22:07

Just looked it up. Sounds like a psychological thriller from an erstwhile poet. I might check it out though I don't normally go for that kind of thing.

Was it particularly poetic? Did you find it thrilling or was it just a bit nasty?

Sounbelievablydull Sat 02-Apr-16 16:06:50

I thought until about half way through that it was repetitive and irritating but then I realised that the repetition was quite poetic with a sinister refrain occurring over and over again.
When I began to realise what was really going on I found it very disturbing. The language is actually quite beautiful in places and when I finished it I had to go back over the whole book to make sense of certain things.
I can't really say too much more as it would be spoiling it for you if you did choose to read it.
I wouldn't classify it at all as a thriller to be honest, give it a go and then get back to me please. I honestly keep thinking of this book even though I've read two more since I finished it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now