Talk

Advanced search

Book gift recommendations please

(6 Posts)
frazzled74 Fri 26-Feb-16 22:39:09

I would like to send a book worm friend some books for her birthday, she likes crime/thriller/moral dilemma, jodi picoult , . I don't want to give a voucher as want to make more of a readers hamper type gift . If the books are more recent ones she is unlikely to have read them already .

FeelingSmurfy Fri 26-Feb-16 22:47:02

Diane chamberlain has a new one out, pretending to dance, she is recommended by Jodi picolt fans

frazzled74 Fri 26-Feb-16 22:52:58

Thankyou , I'd forgotten about Diane Chamberlain.

FeelingSmurfy Sat 27-Feb-16 00:55:39

A few bookmarks would be good, you can never find one when you need one, no matter how many you have! smile

Papergirl1968 Sat 27-Feb-16 15:31:45

I've read a lot of novels by both Picoult and Chamberlain including Pretending To Dance - it was very good. Currently reading Leaving Time by Picoult which I'm really enjoying.
There's also an author called Kelly Rimmer whose books look similar.

frazzled74 Sat 27-Feb-16 22:39:27

I bought a Diane chamberlain book, to kill a mockingbird and another book which I can't remember but was 99p and looked like an easy beach read for summer,a pack of 3 book marks, a mini bottle of wine, a box of posh teabags, packet biscuits, mini toblerone and a bubble bath , I put them in a gift box and it looked quite impressive for a last minute gift, thanks for suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now