Talk

Advanced search

Kindle problem .. bought book but hasn't arrived

(8 Posts)
highlandcoo Wed 20-Jan-16 12:17:14

Maybe someone who knows more about Kindles than me can help?

I use mine very rarely, but need to read the first 18 chapters of David Copperfield for a Victorian book group which I'm attending for the first time tomorrow. (It's in Elizabeth Gaskell's house in Manchester, for anyone who might be interested). So I bought it on Kindle half an hour ago .. the first Kindle book I've purchased for months so I am not familiar with the process tbh.

I'm at home and wifi is on, so shouldn't it have appeared by now? It's in my buying history on Amazon - in fact I've ordered two separate free versions - I am a bit puzzled.

TIA smile

OP’s posts: |
SoupDragon Wed 20-Jan-16 12:18:40

You can just send it again from "manage my devices" on Amazon.

SoupDragon Wed 20-Jan-16 12:18:58

I think that's what it is called anyway!

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Wed 20-Jan-16 12:19:05

It shouldn't take that long. You are sure your Kindle is logged into the WiFi? Have you told it to 'sync and check for new items '?

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Wed 20-Jan-16 12:19:07

Have you got the Kindle app on another device? It might have sent it to that instead if it was set to that from last time.

SoupDragon Wed 20-Jan-16 12:21:02

Yes - on the orders page, there is a button called "manage your content and devices" Click this, find your book, click "actions" and there is a deliver option.

ImperialBlether Wed 20-Jan-16 12:22:15

What sort of Kindle do you have? I've got a PaperWhite and books automatically appear on there, but then I bought a Kindle Fire and you have to click on Download to actually download them.

highlandcoo Wed 20-Jan-16 12:37:39

Thank you all.

I did "sync and check" but no joy. Finally found it in "Archived Items" - it seems to have gone straight there with other stuff I've bought. No idea why!

Thanks for all the advice smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in