Talk

Advanced search

Help me find this book!

(8 Posts)
gandttuesday Wed 06-Jan-16 21:13:05

So this is a long shot but I can't remember this book, it wasn't particularly amazing but the fact I can't remember the title or the author is frustrating me. I've checked my kindle and bookshelves and have had no luck.

It's about a girl (not wealthy) who goes to either Oxford or Cambridge and meets this wealthy guy. There was a visit to his parents and something about him having a posh car! Definitely in the June Green, Katie Fforde camp...

Please tell me I didn't make this up!

Lucked Wed 06-Jan-16 21:18:04

I don't know but the plot sounds like love story decamped to England. Don't suppose she gets ill?

ImperialBlether Wed 06-Jan-16 21:19:39

Is it a modern book?

Quogwinkle Wed 06-Jan-16 21:24:40

It's not An Education by Lynne Barber is it?

firegirl Wed 06-Jan-16 21:26:54

One Perfect Summer, by Paige Toon?

IronMaggie Wed 06-Jan-16 21:30:51

My first thought was Zuleika Dobson but it's a good twenty years since I read it and I only vaguely remember - she definitely had lots of chaps around Oxford falling at her feet though...

gandttuesday Thu 07-Jan-16 00:55:55

Ah firegirl that's it!! Thank you you're a star!

I'm so dopey it's on my kindle but I dismissed it thinking it was one of her other ones.

Mystery solved!

firegirl Thu 07-Jan-16 11:55:17

Glad to be of help. I love a bit of trashy chicklit, me. Try Johnny Be Good by the same author.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now