Talk

Advanced search

Funniest Book Ever! (Bit biased)

(7 Posts)
LadyMuck2 Sat 02-Jan-16 12:42:58

www.amazon.co.uk/Surviving-Solo-Very-Funny-Book/dp/1517573351/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1451736624&sr=1-1&keywords=surviving+solo

Something for your Book Club? Bridget meets Clarkson meets Jilly in the true diary of a struggling single mother.

hesterton Sat 02-Jan-16 12:43:46

Why are you biased? Did you write it?
<impressed>

Trills Sat 02-Jan-16 12:58:22

If you wrote it, well done. It's a great achievement. But I am not entirely convinced by your marketing.

Having "a very funny book" in the title feels a bit tacky.

Also I'm not entirely sure who you mean by Jones/Clarkson/Cooper
Jilly Cooper?
Jeremy Clarkson? (weird combination)
Bridget Jones? (you know she's pretend right, the author is Fielding)

hesterton Sat 02-Jan-16 13:06:40

Are you the Spectator agony aunt? In which case you are v funny.

LadyMuck2 Sat 02-Jan-16 15:37:07

Yes, of course!!

LadyMuck2 Sat 02-Jan-16 15:38:48

Thanks so much Trills, and yes you're right on all three and yes I know Bridget is made up, but she feels almost real dont you think?

LadyMuck2 Sat 02-Jan-16 16:09:29

Well, Hesterton, that is the most amazing thing to say. Because Spectator Agony Aunt would, of course, be my ideal job, and I am quite serious about having a go at doing something like that. I am absolutely chuffed to bits that it even crossed your mind! Huge, huge thanks for giving me a little boost and encouragement. Sometimes, tapping away on your laptop all alone with everything going wrong, you think you must be going bonkers. Perhaps Im not after all! And hopefully, one day fairly soon, you'll see me popping up doing just such a thing. Thank you again. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now