Talk

Advanced search

Just finished reading the Stephanie Plum series...

(6 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Mon 14-Dec-15 18:33:16

And I'd love something else thats essentially an easy to read, funny crime series (I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed it).
Im a bit rubbish at choosing new authors and found this by accident, so, any recommendations?

Quogwinkle Mon 14-Dec-15 20:12:39

I've read the Stephanie Plum series too and enjoyed them for their humour and the stories are really good.

I'm also enjoying the Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch. If you don't mind fantasy as well, they are really good and often quite funny.

kesstrel Mon 14-Dec-15 21:06:33

The closest I can think of to the marvellous Stephanie Plum is the Irish hero of Eoin Colfer's recently started adult crime series, starting with Plugged. Set in New York, with a very similar vibe and a lot of black humour.

Also, try The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz. About a family private eye agency in San Francisco where the family members can't resist spying on each other.

Also good, in a gentler way, is Reginald Hill's Joe Sixsmith series, which is again very funny.

Costacoffeeplease Mon 14-Dec-15 21:20:06

Have you read any Carl hiaasen?

NeverEverAnythingEver Tue 15-Dec-15 14:27:00

Ooo! I love the Rivers of London series. Very well-observed. And funny.

BIWI Tue 15-Dec-15 14:36:41

Agree about the Rivers of London series - really good!

If you have a Kindle, Josie Brown's Housewife Assassin series is worth a look [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Josie-Brown/e/B001IZR5ZE/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1450190065&sr=1-2-ent here ]]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now