Talk

Advanced search

UK police procedural/ mystery recommend pls

(16 Posts)
MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 04-Dec-15 11:42:11

I recently read and enjoyed the DC Cullen series, the DS Lasser series (Robin Roughley), DCI Tom Douglas (Rachel Abbott). Anyone got any other reccomendations? Preferably available on Kindle Unlimited...

ProfGrammaticus Fri 04-Dec-15 11:45:20

DC Banks - Peter Robinson?

Twowrongsdontmakearight Fri 04-Dec-15 11:47:32

I've read a few Stephen Booth novels and enjoyed them. They're set in Derbyshire.

CocktailQueen Fri 04-Dec-15 11:57:34

Peter May - the Lewis trilogy: www.amazon.co.uk/Blackhouse-Book-One-Lewis-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B004MYF4SS/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1449230218&sr=1-1&keywords=peter+may+lewis

Dave Sivers' books are good too - Baines and Archer.

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 04-Dec-15 12:15:57

Thank you! They do all look great, but none are available on Kindle Unlimited or my local library ebook download :-(

I'm not likely to read them more than once, I read quickly and you can't pass on Kindle books so £4 per ebook is too steep for me really :-(

BrianButterfield Fri 04-Dec-15 12:22:04

Kindle Unlimited is a waste of money, IMO.

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 04-Dec-15 12:41:08

I don't find it a waste tbh but then I read A LOT and I'm happy for authors to be paid for their work.

tripfiction Fri 04-Dec-15 19:54:11

Author Mari Hannah and her detective Kate Daniels

ProfGrammaticus Sat 05-Dec-15 09:02:02

Can you borrow electronic books from your library?

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Sat 05-Dec-15 09:58:24

Yes, I can and do sometimes - though the mystery section is mostly Ruth Rendell :-)

SenecaFalls Sat 05-Dec-15 19:13:50

DI Rebus, Ian Rankin

KittyOShea Sat 05-Dec-15 19:16:30

Reginald Hill- Dalzell and Pascoe series- a million times better than the tv series. Not sure whether they're on kindle unlimited

Roygrace Sat 05-Dec-15 19:18:44

Not mo hayder bird man. Someone whose opinion I really value recommended it and it was grim and sickening.

I love Roy grace by Peter james

mrsmortis Wed 09-Dec-15 14:58:21

Have you read any Elizabeth George?

Or if you don't mind a historical series I love Anne Perry. The earliest police force and therefore the first police procedurals.

cressetmama Thu 10-Dec-15 09:32:44

Quentin Jardine's Bob Skinner series set in Scotland? There are about 25 at the last count and they work well as stand alone novels or as a series. Not available in a cheap Kindle format AFAIK, but available from the library.

everydayinMK Fri 11-Dec-15 20:20:07

Oh my goodness, if you like UK police procedurals & mysteries, I have an absolute CRACKER of a new one for you. It's written by an ex-copper. David Videcette. I saw him on ITV news the other week talking about it - he based it on a real case - and I thought I'd give it a punt. Don't let the subject matter put you off. It's the best UK police procedural I've read in the last few years. You can tell he is the real deal and knows his stuff. There's some incredible detective secrets revealed & a bit of sex thrown in too. And the twist is loads and loads better than 'I Let You Go'. It's called the Theseus Paradox. It's got some amazing reviews already here: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/099342631X/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now