Talk

Advanced search

I'm looking for anything like/similar to Sue Grafton alphabet series

(4 Posts)
TensionWheelsCoolHeels Wed 02-Dec-15 18:29:41

I don't read a lot/often but I've loved Sue Grafton for years. I got about half way thru the alphabet books & then got out the habit of reading for a long time (years). I've picked them back up again recently & rekindled my love of these books & Kinsey Millhone. I've got 3 or 4 more before I'm up to date & then I'm stuck!

I've tried various crime thrillers over the years (Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta books were great until they got really absurd) but I've found nothing that comes close to Sue Grafton & her awesome lead character.

Can anyone recommend books to move onto when I finally run out Sue Grafton books?

cdtaylornats Thu 03-Dec-15 20:00:19

Kathy Reich's Tempe Brennan series, better than Cornwell

The Agatha Raisin series by M C Beaton
No1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

Cedar03 Fri 04-Dec-15 11:06:13

Sara Paretsky. Another female detective.

I loved the first few Patricia Cornwell but they got sillier and sillier as every single serial killer apparently had a vendetta against Scarpetta and that annoying niece of hers.

Perfectlypurple Fri 04-Dec-15 11:15:08

I have no ideas but I also have read all the Sue Grafton ones. Watching the thread for more ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now