Talk

Advanced search

Agatha Christie - postern of fate

(6 Posts)
daisydalrymple Mon 30-Nov-15 22:49:35

I reread my Agatha christie collection regularly. I love the Tommy and tuppence stories, but have just reread postern of fate, and still don't get the point of it.

I kind of feel like it just didn't get anywhere! Even the dinner at the end doesn't really reveal too much. All through the book there seem to be huge build ups that just fizzle out. And it seems a bit rambly.

I'm really hoping another AC fan sees this at some point and enlightens me grin

Canyouforgiveher Tue 01-Dec-15 16:58:25

I always thought she was on something when she wrote that one. Very rambly and lots of portents of things to be revealed which turn out to be nothing very much.

Clawdy Tue 01-Dec-15 17:37:32

I think it was the last book she wrote, she was not in great health and her publishers had urged her to produce another novel. I remember finding it a huge disappointment with lots of bits that just didn't add up. Best to forget it,really!

daisydalrymple Tue 01-Dec-15 22:37:02

Ahh yes, that ties in with what little I found when I googled afterwards. Thank you very much for both replying! I really didn't like the recent partners in crime tv adaptation, I don't know why they made Tommy out to seem like a bungling idiot, or why they felt the need to change the story so much, so didn't make it past the first, but would imagine they could adapt this better for tv and make the plot deeper perhaps.

Clawdy Tue 01-Dec-15 23:20:01

Daisy it would be a challenge for someone! I agree different casting would help.Think it might need a complete re-write though! wink

daisydalrymple Thu 03-Dec-15 19:31:06

Yes, absolutely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now