Talk

Advanced search

Feel good novel needed

(7 Posts)
hollydolly64 Wed 18-Nov-15 13:25:20

Any recommendations for a feel good novel to send to a mum of a very sick child in hospital? She is doing a lot of waiting around. Nothing too heavyweight, as she won't be able to concentrate much, but would love to lose herself in a good book that isn't too emotional. Good chick lit absolutely fine!

momb Wed 18-Nov-15 13:33:36

All Quiet on the Orient Express by Magnus Mills.

It's about a man camping at a rural campsite with a little tent and his motorbike. His plan is to set off round the world on a gap year before getting a job and settling down. I can't really explain any more what it's about, except it's funny, light, absorbing and quirky.

hollydolly64 Wed 18-Nov-15 13:46:19

Brilliant, thank you x

MimsyBorogroves Wed 18-Nov-15 13:55:15

Anything Mhairi McFarlane is good. Sort of a female David Nicholls. She's easy to read and very funny.

waycat Fri 20-Nov-15 16:12:46

I have recently read The Holiday Home by Fern Britton.

As a fan of adventure/crime/thriller books, I have no idea why I picked this one up. I wouldn't even know Fern Britton if I saw her in TV!

However, I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this book - and it has made me think about trying another one of hers.

ImperialBlether Fri 20-Nov-15 16:15:19

Does she have a Kindle?

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day - beautiful and a step up from chick lit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now