loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want a Kingkiller Chronicles thread? *If so this will have spoilers*

(6 Posts)
slugseatlettuce Thu 05-Nov-15 22:34:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 06-Nov-15 21:35:37

I've read the first two, but I'm worried that I'll have forgotten everything that happened by the time the third one is published.

Hygge Fri 06-Nov-15 22:25:01

I've read the first two as well, and am also thinking I won't remember anything by the time the third one comes out.

In fact I had a conversation like this with my Mum recently.

Mum: I started reading your book but I didn't like it.
Me: Which book?
Mum: The one with the man in the pub.
Me: Do I have a book about a man in a pub?
Mum: You do. He runs a pub, and he looks older when he goes upstairs, and that big metal spider fell on that man. I didn't like it.
Me: Are you on glue?

Actually I didn't say that last bit, but it took me bloody ages to work out what book she was talking about, it's been that long.

TheSecondOfHerName Sat 07-Nov-15 08:58:46

He runs a pub, and he looks older when he goes upstairs, and that big metal spider fell on that man

Thank you for the "previously in the Kingkiller Chronicles..." summary grin

slugseatlettuce Sat 07-Nov-15 09:23:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hygge Sat 07-Nov-15 10:01:01

My pleasure TheSecond, I think we're more than ready for the third book now we've had that recap grin

The felurian bit was awful. I think you're right about his mum. I did have a theory about why they were killed but I can't remember it now. It's been so long.

I'm stubbornly not rereading them until we have an official release date for the third book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now