Talk

Advanced search

has anyone got a book recommendation for me?

(7 Posts)
firefly78 Fri 23-Oct-15 20:25:06

i want an easy read. I like jodie picoult, elizabeth nobel, lisa jewell, marian keyes. Also Sarah Waters or Kate Atkinson. Really need something easy to get into!!

OddSocksHighHeels Sat 24-Oct-15 03:01:23

Have you tried Diane Chamberlain or Nicci French?

tripfiction Sat 24-Oct-15 17:50:56

If you like these writers then I suggest Diane Chamberlain (as @OddSocksHighHeels brilliantly suggests) - you can see what you think of Pretending to Dance: www.tripfiction.com/diane-chamberlain-novel-set-in-usa/

And Charity Norman, she has written 3 good books and here is the review of her last one (and actually mentioned in the same breath as Jodi Picoult) www.tripfiction.com/new-woman-novel-set-in-oxfordshire-and-london/

thebestfurchinchilla Sat 24-Oct-15 17:57:58

I like to read all sorts of books but if you want easy try Louise Candlish- Before We Say Goodbye.

thebestfurchinchilla Sat 24-Oct-15 17:58:48

Jojo Moyes is good too.

hackmum Sat 24-Oct-15 18:43:08

Elinor Lipman is great. An easy read, but also enjoyable and not silly. So light literary fiction rather than chick lit. I particularly recommend The Inn at Lake Devine.

Also, if you've never read her, Alison Lurie. The War between the Tates is particularly good.

firefly78 Sat 24-Oct-15 19:58:16

thanks everyone. love jojo moyes forgot about her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: