Talk

Advanced search

St Mary's Book 6 - SPOILERS!

(27 Posts)
MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 03-Sep-15 10:06:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
ForexTrader Sat 03-Oct-15 07:18:17

Yes Koppar I thought he might be Rosie's sons father as he was there in both realities and she was simply hiding it by claiming it was a posh bloke.

You are right about the aftermath of the Cretaceous mission - I had never thought about that and the fact it would be different.

Oh dear yes it does make your brain spin doesn't it confused

PomBearWithAnOFRS Sat 03-Oct-15 01:25:41

Rosie's son's father was posh/monied/top class I think. I got that from what she said about how his family tried to buy her off and her solicitor wouldn't even send them a letter - the impression I drew from all that was that they were rich and powerful and poor Rosie had to basically run and hide and "disappear" to keep her son safe from them.
I am now blush because I cannot for the life of me think who "Pinkie" is/was shock I may need a full re-read of the whole series!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 02-Oct-15 20:28:13

ForexTrader Fri 02-Oct-15 20:07:05

And I want to know the connection between Rosie and the child they rescued from Troy who grew up to become the landlord of the pub.

So many questions, such a long time to wait smile .

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 02-Oct-15 19:14:53

ForexTrader Fri 02-Oct-15 18:12:26

smile I thought it was Pinkie because of the careful description of her physical looks and the description of her temperament. But I could be wrong - I hadn't thought of time police bloke (whose name I have forgotten).

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 02-Oct-15 17:01:55

ForexTrader Fri 02-Oct-15 16:23:49

OK then. Sorry I forgot that "spoilers" was in the title. Although I suppose it isn't really a spoiler as it is simply my thoughts that it will happen.

Pinkie.

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 02-Oct-15 15:00:52

ForexTrader Fri 02-Oct-15 13:05:39

I don't want to put any spoilers but it was in book 2 Symphony of Echoes which was set in the original reality. No, not the gorgon PA!

PomBearWithAnOFRS Thu 01-Oct-15 23:41:51

Tell us more Forex spell it out for the dim girl here! I have no idea what you mean! blush

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Wed 30-Sep-15 16:14:34

ForexTrader Tue 29-Sep-15 20:37:08

But I thought it was obvious who the baby was going to be when it grew up. It was so heavily foreshadowed in earlier books that I thought at the time ooh Max is going to get pregnant again.

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 24-Sep-15 09:21:25

PomBearWithAnOFRS Thu 24-Sep-15 04:07:04

OOOOO just think of all the possibilities for who the baby could grow up to be though... grin
The more I ponder, the more excited I get blush
I can't wait for the next one to come out now! grin IIRC she has promised us the usual festive Christmas short story instalment, but I bet we have to wait at least a year for the next full book sad

nocoolnamesleft Sun 20-Sep-15 22:37:17

Hmmmm, a baby born out of time sounds like the sort of thing that would get the time police all antsy again...

TheSecondOfHerName Sun 20-Sep-15 22:02:06

Markham's going to have to deliver the baby. In the middle of some completely dramatic historical event.

nocoolnamesleft Sun 20-Sep-15 21:48:38

On the bright side, they would now have a real baby for R&D to double check the warming pan theory...

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 17-Sep-15 10:12:42

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 17-Sep-15 07:25:34

PomBearWithAnOFRS Thu 17-Sep-15 02:20:01

OR Max might just pop BabyMax into a sling and carry on regardless grin
I love the fact that the whole point of this series is that we just never know WHAT might happen next.
I can only imagine the chaos if Markham or Rosie are appointed as babysitters grin and history does have a fair bit of scope for babies to take centre stage as it were - Moses in the bull rushes? - The "baby in the warming pan" again - a certain stable in Bethlehem... the possibilities are endless grin and I can hardly wait!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Wed 16-Sep-15 14:52:15

Asleeponasunbeam Wed 16-Sep-15 14:14:10

I've just finished this today. Started the whole series at the beginning of August. And now have nothing to read... (I'll start a thread).

I liked book 6 and the trainees. Not much Leon though. I hope JT continues writing well - there really are endless possibilities with this theme!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Wed 16-Sep-15 10:08:18

PomBearWithAnOFRS Mon 14-Sep-15 01:53:53

Max and Leon will go back to somewhere peaceful and raise the baby until s/he is 18, whilst home educating him/her then return to St. Mary's and the baby can be a trainee, about five hours after they left iyswim.
That's the beauty of time travel - one has time to do stuff grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in