Talk

Advanced search

St Mary's Book 6 - SPOILERS!

(27 Posts)
MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 03-Sep-15 10:06:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
HarrietVane99 Fri 04-Sep-15 13:22:17

Only just seen this, thanks for starting it.

I agree, pregnancy and babies don't really fit into an action series. That said, I hope Max doesn't miscarry. It would be too cruel, and especially so for Leon.

Max will have to remember never to let R&D help out with childcare. Who knows what experiments they might think up with a real live baby available!

I once heard the novelist Emma Darwin talking about writing series. She said there's a school of thought that writers of long running series should introduce a significant new twist around Book Six to prevent the series running out of steam. So maybe someone has told JT she should do that. But I'd have thought there are still enough unresolved storylines, without needing to add a baby.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Mon 14-Sep-15 01:53:53

Max and Leon will go back to somewhere peaceful and raise the baby until s/he is 18, whilst home educating him/her then return to St. Mary's and the baby can be a trainee, about five hours after they left iyswim.
That's the beauty of time travel - one has time to do stuff grin

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Wed 16-Sep-15 10:08:18

Asleeponasunbeam Wed 16-Sep-15 14:14:10

I've just finished this today. Started the whole series at the beginning of August. And now have nothing to read... (I'll start a thread).

I liked book 6 and the trainees. Not much Leon though. I hope JT continues writing well - there really are endless possibilities with this theme!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Wed 16-Sep-15 14:52:15

PomBearWithAnOFRS Thu 17-Sep-15 02:20:01

OR Max might just pop BabyMax into a sling and carry on regardless grin
I love the fact that the whole point of this series is that we just never know WHAT might happen next.
I can only imagine the chaos if Markham or Rosie are appointed as babysitters grin and history does have a fair bit of scope for babies to take centre stage as it were - Moses in the bull rushes? - The "baby in the warming pan" again - a certain stable in Bethlehem... the possibilities are endless grin and I can hardly wait!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 17-Sep-15 07:25:34

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 17-Sep-15 10:12:42

nocoolnamesleft Sun 20-Sep-15 21:48:38

On the bright side, they would now have a real baby for R&D to double check the warming pan theory...

TheSecondOfHerName Sun 20-Sep-15 22:02:06

Markham's going to have to deliver the baby. In the middle of some completely dramatic historical event.

nocoolnamesleft Sun 20-Sep-15 22:37:17

Hmmmm, a baby born out of time sounds like the sort of thing that would get the time police all antsy again...

PomBearWithAnOFRS Thu 24-Sep-15 04:07:04

OOOOO just think of all the possibilities for who the baby could grow up to be though... grin
The more I ponder, the more excited I get blush
I can't wait for the next one to come out now! grin IIRC she has promised us the usual festive Christmas short story instalment, but I bet we have to wait at least a year for the next full book sad

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 24-Sep-15 09:21:25

ForexTrader Tue 29-Sep-15 20:37:08

But I thought it was obvious who the baby was going to be when it grew up. It was so heavily foreshadowed in earlier books that I thought at the time ooh Max is going to get pregnant again.

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Wed 30-Sep-15 16:14:34

PomBearWithAnOFRS Thu 01-Oct-15 23:41:51

Tell us more Forex spell it out for the dim girl here! I have no idea what you mean! blush

ForexTrader Fri 02-Oct-15 13:05:39

I don't want to put any spoilers but it was in book 2 Symphony of Echoes which was set in the original reality. No, not the gorgon PA!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 02-Oct-15 15:00:52

ForexTrader Fri 02-Oct-15 16:23:49

OK then. Sorry I forgot that "spoilers" was in the title. Although I suppose it isn't really a spoiler as it is simply my thoughts that it will happen.

Pinkie.

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 02-Oct-15 17:01:55

ForexTrader Fri 02-Oct-15 18:12:26

smile I thought it was Pinkie because of the careful description of her physical looks and the description of her temperament. But I could be wrong - I hadn't thought of time police bloke (whose name I have forgotten).

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 02-Oct-15 19:14:53

ForexTrader Fri 02-Oct-15 20:07:05

And I want to know the connection between Rosie and the child they rescued from Troy who grew up to become the landlord of the pub.

So many questions, such a long time to wait smile .

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Fri 02-Oct-15 20:28:13

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in