Talk

Advanced search

Who recommended Monster Love by Carol Topolski recently?

(10 Posts)
mrsdavidbowie Tue 28-Jul-15 19:09:35

I downloaded it on your recommendation...and love it.
Am about 4 chapters in and love the way its written.
Thankyou!

Lilacflower Wed 29-Jul-15 18:20:50

Don't continue. It's a horrible, horrible, disgusting book that got in my head and wouldn't get out. I even had nightmares about it and would never encourage anyone to read it. And I love horror books so I'm not exactly faint hearted.

simpson Wed 29-Jul-15 19:13:13

I loved it.

mrsdavidbowie Thu 30-Jul-15 23:39:50

I'm enjoying it. Difficult subject matter but very cleverly written

U2HasTheEdge Fri 31-Jul-15 20:59:17

I'm reading it now. I love it.

Lilac's post was the one that convinced me I needed to read it grin

NoraRobertsismyguiltypleasure Fri 31-Jul-15 21:02:47

It is really horrific and one of the few books that has stayed with me, but it is well written and hard to put down.

mrsdavidbowie Fri 31-Jul-15 21:15:46

Lol @ U2...

Lilacflower Sat 01-Aug-15 10:14:20

Agree it's very well written otherwise ot wouldn't have had such an effect. ButbI still wish I hadn't read it.

Hygge Tue 04-Aug-15 18:46:38

I have recommended it on here under other names before.

As Lilac says, it's a book that gets to you, but in the right way I think. It's odd to say 'I enjoyed it' when it's such a difficult and distressing subject, but I couldn't put it down when I read it.

redannie118 Fri 07-Aug-15 11:08:06

I recommended it too,yes its horribly disturbing but really makes you think and get under your skin to the point you can almost feel some kind of understanding for the parents,a concept that in itself is horrific as what they did was so abhorrent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now