Talk

Advanced search

Wicked, the life and times of the wicked witch of the west

(9 Posts)
gabsdot45 Sun 26-Jul-15 21:38:06

Has as anyone read this book? Is it good?

Catnuzzle Sun 26-Jul-15 21:39:51

No, but if it's half as good as the musical it'll be awesome.

Ledehe Sun 26-Jul-15 21:43:26

It's awful, in fact one of the worst books I've ever read. I read the whole thing in the hope it would improve at the end and flung it off the wall when I finished and it was still rubbish!

Anotherdayanotherdollar Sun 26-Jul-15 21:46:10

I read it after I saw (and loved) the musical. I found it very difficult to read and I was disappointed. I also bought the sequel and it remains unread.

JessesGirl Sun 26-Jul-15 21:47:26

I couldn't get on with it at all, I think I tried about three times and still only got a quarter of the way through!

Essexgirlupnorth Sun 26-Jul-15 21:48:50

It's completely different to the musical I did finish it but not rushed to read the sequels

SorrelForbes Sun 26-Jul-15 21:49:37

I loved it (especially the ending which is different to the ending in the show).

Becca19962014 Mon 27-Jul-15 22:10:37

I read it but it took a couple of tries (I'm really wanted to like it!). The last attempt I got into it and even tried the second one in the series. It was even worse.

So I gave up.

Ive not even attempted the other two in the series (there are at least four). He's done others in a similar way, but I didn't enjoy them much either. I was given a set of his books by a friend who raved about them being fantastic and how he had got her reading again - her reading again was great, that it was his books that did it, not so much!

I was put off the musical because of the book, maybe I should give it a go!

NadiaWadia Tue 28-Jul-15 15:17:54

I loved it too. The world he created was so real. His Oz is quite dark, and not the jolly, colourful imaginary land for children of the original film.

The feel is a bit different from that in the musical, as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now