Talk

Advanced search

need new reading material

(8 Posts)
cuntyMcCunterson Fri 17-Jul-15 22:00:12

i mainly stick to easy reads and things I don't particularly have to concentrate on but lately I've been a bit bored of the same plots, endings ect. I'm thinking I need to read more thought provoking/classic books but will still take trashy books on holidays
Could I ask for some suggestions please?

T0R1 Sat 18-Jul-15 13:31:21

Appletree yard, easy read and fast paced. I finished it in a day and that's not normal for me

NotKissingTipsy Sat 18-Jul-15 14:20:36

I love books by Mathew Reilly , didn't think they would be my cup of tea at first but I ended up reading one that Dp had when I was poorly & was hooked.

RealHuman Sat 18-Jul-15 14:23:43

Since Go Set A Watchman has just come out, how about trying To Kill A Mockingbird if you haven't already read it? It meets your thought-provoking and classic criteria and isn't a hard read.

Nineteen Eighty-Four?

DuchessofMalfi Sat 18-Jul-15 17:08:06

E M Forster's novels are very readable. I've read three so far and enjoyed them.

cuntyMcCunterson Sat 18-Jul-15 18:15:57

Thanks for the suggestions, I downloaded to kill a mockingbird after seeing the new Harper Lee book had been released, I'll have a look at the others mentioned and hopefully find some others I enjoy.

tripfiction Sat 18-Jul-15 19:52:50

Charity Norman writes some good, through provoking books. Loved After the Fall set in Oz and she has a new book out early August The New Woman which has a challenging subject at the heart of the story (think Jodi Picoult)....

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 18-Jul-15 22:02:36

Recently read Still Alice and it was very good. Have you tried thrillers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now