Talk

Advanced search

I need something easygoing!

(12 Posts)
redpickle Wed 08-Jul-15 16:29:13

Off for a long weekend to the Balearics and I'm after something easy-going and page turning. No difficult themes, think candy floss for the eye balls but entertaining.

Moomin0 Wed 08-Jul-15 17:00:13

Try 'The Time of My Life' by Cecelia Ahern. It's a real easy read but very funny and a great eye opener thanks

girlandboy Wed 08-Jul-15 17:02:09

How about "Just One Damned Thing After Another" by Jodi Taylor - I don't know anyone who hasn't found that entertaining. Easy to read too!
My friend described it as a "hoot" <love that term>

southeastdweller Wed 08-Jul-15 18:30:16

Not Quite Nice - Celia Imrie.

Fionajaneblushes Wed 08-Jul-15 20:25:54

If you have a kindle, I've written a couple of books you might like. Fun chick lit but not sappy - I hawk them around whenever I can!
Would you like a PM?

redpickle Wed 08-Jul-15 20:50:51

Thank you for your suggestions! I will have a good browse through them in waterstones tomorrow.

I don't have a Kindle I'm afraid. I've always resisted (I like them feel and smell of a real book) but I'm starting to see the appeal now I want to keep my luggage weight down.

silversixpence Fri 10-Jul-15 00:15:35

I like downloading the kindle samples before buying.what would Mary Berry do is a nice easy read.

MurielWoods Fri 10-Jul-15 00:18:17

Yes to One Damned Thing After Another

Or the first Outlander book (Cross Stitch)

tripfiction Sat 11-Jul-15 20:30:45

How about: The Vacationers by Emma Straub www.tripfiction.com/book-set-in-mallorca-family-dynamics-microscope/ and the big hit of last year The Lemon Grove by Helen Walsh www.tripfiction.com/novel-set-in-mallorca/, both good stories and set on and evocative of Mallorca. Ibiza - San Carlos by Neil Forsyth, a very light read...

Have a lovely holiday!!

StaircaseAtTheUniversity Sat 11-Jul-15 20:37:43

Place marking.

redpickle Sun 12-Jul-15 10:01:21

I read The Lemon Grove last year. Very entertaining!

I think I will try The vacationers!

Thanks everyone

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 18-Jul-15 22:06:09

You are probably out eating tapas now but for next time try Love on the Rocks by Veronica Henry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now