Talk

Advanced search

Amazon Prime Lending Library

(15 Posts)
Babelange Fri 26-Jun-15 16:40:55

So I have my 30 day trial and I am looking through the 1000s of books which I could borrow (1 during the trial period). What to pick? I've looked through 100s in every section... I am fussy and usually use the Kindle to download classics for free (e.g. Vanity Fair...)

I've just read 2 depressing books - A Girl is a Half-formed thing and The Iceberg so would like to steer clear of - spoiler alert - terminal brain cancer hmm

Any ideas anyone?

Babelange Sat 27-Jun-15 16:53:12

So no one has bothered with the lending library using Amazon Prime even for the 30 day trial then? I was even looking at random stuff like a guide to Iceland, the sci-fi novel that Solaris was based upon or a book about obscure films... the choices are far from appealing otherwise....

ImperialBlether Sat 27-Jun-15 16:56:44

You could read a Mumsnetter's book if you like! There are loads of us here.

Fatstacks Sat 27-Jun-15 16:59:54

I use the lending library all the time smile
Mainly for travel guides the last few months though.

NickiFury Sat 27-Jun-15 17:01:06

That sounds brilliant. I am a amazon prime member. Will look into this OP, thanks smile

Babelange Sun 28-Jun-15 09:48:40

Don't be shy then - who are you all, you Mumsnet writers?
Perhaps you can recommend a book and not tell me you are the writer...? or PM me.

antimatter Sun 28-Jun-15 11:11:40

I decided against it as none of the books I bought on Kindle and read in the last year are free in that offering.

ImperialBlether Sun 28-Jun-15 11:19:51

I've PM'd you a range of books, OP.

Cantdothisagain Sun 28-Jun-15 18:17:21

Imperial- you've pm'd me before as I was an avid reader of your two books - if there are more Mumsnetter books that you can recommend, can you pm me too? Thank you!

ImperialBlether Sun 28-Jun-15 23:07:53

Will do, Cant! And thank you very much! Will put them on here for all to see but will PM you about something, too, if that's OK.

Hamsolo Sun 28-Jun-15 23:11:24

I've just really enjoyed The Pines by Blake Crouch. It's a bit Twin Peaky if you like that sort of thing.

ImperialBlether Sun 28-Jun-15 23:11:43

Chick Lit:

Fiona Jane Collins - The Anti-ageing of Harmony Richards

Fiona Jane Collins - Total Eclipse of the Harriet

Futuristic:

Harriet Truscott - Changed Souls

Young Adult Historical:

Katharine Edgar - Five Wounds

Fionajaneblushes Tue 30-Jun-15 19:25:00

Thank you, Imperial, for the kind plug. I will have to purchase you some cheerleader pom poms! grin

I hope you've come across something that has tickled your fancy, Babelange.

Cantdothisagain Tue 30-Jun-15 19:58:25

Thanks Imperial- will check them out...

PolterGoose Fri 10-Jul-15 11:23:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now