Talk

Advanced search

If I love books by Liane Moriarty...what other books would I love?

(18 Posts)
lilivonshtupp Thu 11-Jun-15 15:24:11

I need holiday trash to read, but not too trashy.

I love Liane Moriarty, Nicci French, Sophie Hannah type books. Have already read Girl on a Train and Gone Girl (as they are often recommended!)

What do you think I might enjoy that you've read already?
Cheers!

DuchessofMalfi Thu 11-Jun-15 16:39:26

Have you read Funny Girl by Nick Hornby? I think it might fit the bill. Light but not trashy. I didn't warm to it but lots of others have.

lilivonshtupp Thu 11-Jun-15 16:59:49

Great idea Dutchess!

I've read a few of his others, liked some more than others, but I didn't realise he had a new one out. Thanks. Perfect recommendation.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 12-Jun-15 15:38:29

Maeve Binchy
Marian Keyes
Mark Edwards
Daphne Du Maurier
Barbara Kingsolver
Anne Tyler

Myfanwyprice Fri 12-Jun-15 15:45:28

Lucinda Riley, I love liane moriarty and Lucinda Riley equally! Although I don't think anyone else writes in the same way as liane moriarty, her books are brilliant!

I've also enjoyed Nicholas sparks, Kate Morton and Rachel hore.

lilivonshtupp Fri 12-Jun-15 15:56:38

Dame Diazepam - I love all of your recommendations already - you know my tastes!!
The only one I haven't read is Mark Edwards. Will give it a go.

And thanks Myfanwy - I will try our Lucinda Riley and Rachel Hore (have read the others!)

MamOfTwo Fri 12-Jun-15 16:02:50

I love Liane Moriarty - I have now devoured all her books after reading The Husband's Secret a while back. I was thinking of posting this exact thread for recommendations! One of my other favourite writers is Emily Barr (all her books are of a similar theme but I still love them).

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 12-Jun-15 16:40:45

LM has a sister who is also an author and has very good reviews although I've not read anything of hers yet. Worth a go I reckonsmile

SkaterGrrrrl Sun 28-Jun-15 19:41:42

Lurks

ashtrayheart Sun 28-Jun-15 19:47:55

I love all those authors. Have a look at 'i let you go' by Clare Mackintosh and Sam Hayes books are worth a go. Also 'the accident' and 'the lie' by c l Taylor.

ashtrayheart Sun 28-Jun-15 19:49:16

Also second Emily Barr books smile

chumbler Mon 29-Jun-15 05:35:46

try gyllian Flynn's other novels, dark places and sharp objects. they are much darker than gone girl however!

ashtrayheart Tue 07-Jul-15 18:09:18

I have a new new one to add- Louise Millar. Just read and enjoyed 'the playdate'

Imperial Tue 07-Jul-15 18:13:03

Dorothy Koomson
RowanColeman

AnonymousBird Wed 08-Jul-15 10:11:29

Lurking too, as I have read all her books in the past year. Simply devour them!

issynoho Wed 08-Jul-15 10:18:48

Ooh, was also going to start the same thread! I also like JoJo Moyes, some Lisa Jewell, Anne Tyler... Thanks for other recommendations, everyone.

Galaxymum Thu 09-Jul-15 12:31:14

I would second I Let You Go by Claire Macintosh. This has great twists and very easy to be drawn in!

Also I really enjoyed The Book of You by Claire Kendal - about a woman who is being stalked. Both these books also show different viewpoints which are similar to Liane Moriarty's books. I have discovered LM this past month and looking forwrad to her other books.

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Thu 09-Jul-15 12:37:51

Lisa Jewell and Jojo Moyes, I guarantee it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now