Pregnancy and after birth books ?

(8 Posts)
lorza03 Thu 21-May-15 11:24:50

Hi all I was wondering if any one can suggest any good books to read, This will be my 1st baby so I feel I need some clear decent information, which I feel the Internet lacks sometimes. Thank you ��

badg3r Thu 21-May-15 12:07:47

Pop down to your library and see what they have. I borrowed The Pregnancy Bible from mine, it was a really big help, had everything I needed and none of the scare mongering that comes with internet searches!

lorza03 Fri 22-May-15 08:56:11

Oh yes that's a good idea! Thank you

lauren222 Fri 22-May-15 09:01:09

The books I liked are:

Expecting: Everything You Need to Know about Pregnancy, Labour and Birth
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
First-Time Parent: The honest guide to coping brilliantly and staying sane in your baby's first year
Wonder Weeks.

You can read the information on amazon to find out more.

thedoulaelement Fri 22-May-15 13:35:41

Bump by Kate Evans and Why Doulas Matter by Maddie Mahon are my fave at the moment. Libraries are fab for stocking some.

Twodogsandahooch Sun 24-May-15 13:05:10

Your baby week by week

Chips1999 Sun 24-May-15 13:10:25

I liked 'What to Expect The First Year'

faceremovinghaircream Sun 24-May-15 13:22:25

I read maggie Howells Effective birth preparation. I found it a real breath of fresh air. Really helped me to fully understand the whole birth process from a holistic point of view. Very interesting and east to read. You can pick second hand ones of eBay cheap enough. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now