Talk

Advanced search

S J Watson Second Life 1.88 on Kindle today

(12 Posts)
Lurleene Fri 27-Feb-15 23:39:00

As above, the newly released SJ Watson novel ( of Before I Go To Sleep fame) Second Life is just 1.88 on Kindle tonight.

Here

OP’s posts: |
Ladyflip Sat 28-Feb-15 07:29:12

Thank you, just ordered it. Am half way through Before I go to sleep.

BugritAndTidyup Sat 28-Feb-15 19:48:09

Thanks for the heads up.

DuchessofMalfi Sat 28-Feb-15 22:42:20

I'm so tempted but the hardback is just gorgeous. It has pink edged pages. Think I'll put my name Dow for a library copy instead.

DuchessofMalfi Sat 28-Feb-15 22:43:41

down. ...

Nerf Sat 28-Feb-15 22:44:22

Urgh save your money it's complete crap grin

BOFster Sun 01-Mar-15 02:32:01

It sounds dire- has anyone actually read it?

DuchessofMalfi Sun 01-Mar-15 06:13:31

I have read some bad reviews on Amazon which say it's not that good. I have to admit I didn't like Before I Go to Sleep much but that was because the story didn't appeal but I think he is a decent writer. Perhaps just another victim of second novel syndrome and the third will be better smile

Will still give it a go when I see it at the library so I can have my informed opinion to write a review.

Nerf Sun 01-Mar-15 08:47:14

I read it and its crap. Seriously.

thelittlebooktroll Sun 01-Mar-15 09:02:25

It's page-turning crap though I thought. I stopped turning the pages fast towards the end of the book. The end really is crap and the protagonist very annoying/stupid.
I am not a massive fan of Before I go to Sleep either.

Nerf Sun 01-Mar-15 09:39:42

The end is really crap. I'm still not quite sure about some details, but contacted enough to re-read and see if it's any clearer. Relies on a massive coincidence and there's no informatio about why some of the characters would act that way.

thelittlebooktroll Sun 01-Mar-15 11:10:10

I also felt a bit hmm about the main character always feeling sexual attraction even alone in the company of possible serial killer. Felt like female character written by a man at times?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in