Talk

Advanced search

Booker shortlist at £1.99 on Kindle

(22 Posts)
Stokey Wed 04-Feb-15 09:41:53

They've all just price-dropped. I've bought The Bone Clocks, the Ali Smith and Joshua Ferris ... and may have to buy some more!

fredfredsausagehead1 Wed 04-Feb-15 09:47:35

Me too!! Went down my wish list and bought loads!
Today bought...
Elizabeth is missing
H I for hawk
The taxidermist daughter
The bone clock

Yipee!!!!

fredfredsausagehead1 Wed 04-Feb-15 09:49:11

I got the book of strange new things too!

Stokey Wed 04-Feb-15 09:53:36

I was thinking about getting Elizabeth is Missing too Fred

But have gone for Her, The narrow road to the deep north and The paying Guests so feel like I should stop...

Eve Wed 04-Feb-15 10:05:34

is this offer published on amazon... i cant see it.

fredfredsausagehead1 Wed 04-Feb-15 10:07:02

I Haven't stopped I've just bought
The lives of others
The first fifteen lives of Harry August

Really really want girl on a train but it's still priced high, oops baked beans for tea today shockgrinwink

fredfredsausagehead1 Wed 04-Feb-15 10:07:52

I just went down my wish list they're all 1.99

If you search the titles or Booker

Stokey Wed 04-Feb-15 10:11:41

I had an alert set up on ereaderiq Eve. But yes, it's not advertised on their site but loads of "literary" books for £1.99.
`

mimbleandlittlemy Wed 04-Feb-15 15:10:09

Not just Booker books. I have been waiting for Narrow Road to the Deep North for ages, but I've also just got Lila by Marilynn Robinson and All the Light We Cannot See for £1.99 each and a couple of Peter May books too for £2.50 each, so so much for my resolution about not putting any new books on the kindle for a while

That's only £11 or thereabouts for 5 books though so that's got to be considered reasonably abstemious hasn't it? grin

NadiaWadia Wed 04-Feb-15 17:28:22

There's also 'the Assassination of Margaret Thatcher' (short stories) by Hilary Mantel, 'the Children Act' by Ian McEwan, and 'Olive Kitteridge' by Elizabeth Strout (did you see the miniseries that was on Sky recently?). Also 'Not my father's son: a family memoir' by Alan Cumming, which should be interesting. And I was delighted about the new Michel Faber. That's loads off my wishlist!

But like you say, doesn't seem to be part of an official offer. A good way to find them is do a search for one of the titles mentioned on this thread, then when you get the results it should bring up several others reduced to £1.99 as well.

Bexicles Wed 04-Feb-15 17:38:08

Thank you OP, have just downloaded 'The Lives of Others'.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 04-Feb-15 17:41:31

Let Me Be Frank (the latest Frank Bascombe) is also super cheap right now, despite being quite new.

AlmaMartyr Wed 04-Feb-15 18:11:43

Thanks for this, just picked up a few! Stuck at home with poorly kids so good to have some decent books. I read Girl on A Train this morning and loved it, shame it's still full price.

Galaxymum Wed 04-Feb-15 20:30:31

Lamentation by CJ Sansom is also on offer at £1.99. I must not go on Amazon again today! All the books I've been hanging on for to go down in price are in the special offer! I have some serious reading to do now!!!

BirdyArms Wed 04-Feb-15 21:20:19

I really recommend 'Do no Harm' by Henry Marsh, stories from his life as a brain surgeon. Also really enjoyed the children act.

I have just bought 'when Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit' for me and the DC, not sure how much it normally is.

GeorgeHerbert Thu 05-Feb-15 06:16:57

Thanks so much op, just nabbed the Bone Clocks , Paying Guests and Children Act. Ready for my week off work!

EugenesAxe Thu 05-Feb-15 06:54:31

BirdyArms did you hear Judith Kerr being interviewed about it on R4 Book Club? She was so lovely.

BirdyArms Thu 05-Feb-15 16:30:59

EugenesAxe I haven't heard the R4 book club, will listen to it, but I did hear her speak a few years ago and she was absolutely lovely, a tiny little old lady but so bright and humourous. She's going to be at the Imagine children's festival at half term and would like to take ds1 to see her, it's ages 9 up though, I guess because she is talking about the holocaust, so need to find someone to palm ds2 off with!

EugenesAxe Thu 05-Feb-15 20:27:20

That sounds brilliant... shame mine are only 5 & 3 sad I hope you get to go though!

You're right though - one of the enchanting things she said was 'I think everyone's doing things in their 90s now aren't they?' or words to that effect at least.

Theyvallgone Thu 05-Feb-15 20:44:15

Thanks for the tip - just gone through and bought some from my wish list :D

DuchessofMalfi Fri 06-Feb-15 12:06:10

I decided on The Bone Clocks - taking myself right out of my comfort zone here. Never tried a book by David Mitchell before, so will give this one a go.

Audible are having a 2 for 1 sale at the moment - two books for one credit, so I got The History of the Rain by Niall Williams and The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber (another one out of my comfort zone). Feeling the need to read something completely different smile

RufusTheReindeer Fri 06-Feb-15 12:41:26

Thank you

Just bought the Paying Guests which I've been waiting to come out in paperback

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: