Advanced search

Sequel to To Kill A Mockingbird

(15 Posts)
lemonpoppyseed Tue 03-Feb-15 16:28:09

I can't think of another book I'd rather read. Out this summer!

BOFster Tue 03-Feb-15 16:29:47

I just came here to start this very thread grin. How exciting!

DuchessofMalfi Tue 03-Feb-15 17:51:18

Can't wait smile I shall have to have a re-read of To Kill A Mockingbird this year in advance of this.

lemonpoppyseed Tue 03-Feb-15 18:14:52

And from an adult Scout's point of view. grin

July 14!

ExitPursuedByABear Tue 03-Feb-15 18:32:04

I am so excited I've just started a thread in AIBU! I never start threads.

HerRoyalNotness Tue 03-Feb-15 18:36:40

I can't believe the book has been in existence all this time and not published before!

I'm looking forward to this

BOFster Tue 03-Feb-15 18:44:22

Hmm, this article makes it all seem a bit dodgy though sad

ClashCityRocker Tue 03-Feb-15 18:45:44

Reading TKAM for the first time at the moment, so this is very timely, I am absolutely adoring it!

Sirzy Tue 03-Feb-15 18:45:51

I can't wait �� I have read to kill a mockingbird at least 20 times

DuchessofMalfi Tue 03-Feb-15 18:49:41

Can but hope she has got some reliable advisors helping her. I'd hate to think she was vulnerable and had been talked into publishing it if she hadn't wanted to.

I seem to remember years ago she said she had a second novel in the pipeline, but hadn't completed it. Maybe this is it? Trying to think positively about it now smile

lemonpoppyseed Tue 03-Feb-15 19:06:44

This article is also worth a read. I read the biography in question this past summer (worth a read if you haven't); it's an interesting look at the Lee sisters.

emmelinelucas Tue 03-Feb-15 19:12:05

I coudn't get on with TKAMN. I found it dry. I have tried to read again, but no..not for me. Sort of flat and grey and below. I can't describe.
We don't have to like the same books.
Sales would be very poor.

BOFster Tue 03-Feb-15 19:29:57

Lemon, I've just read that, thank you. What an absolute shithead that agent Samuel Pinkus sounds angry.

LittleBairn Wed 04-Feb-15 17:03:44

There has been mutterings for quite a while about odd legal issues were happening around Harper Lee with it being said se was being exploited.
I think I first read them when there was talk about a 'friend' writing a book about her and it was implied Harper Lee approved of it when she didn't and the writers connection to her was tenuous at best.

lionheart Wed 04-Feb-15 17:05:41

I thought this was her first novel and she was encouraged to give a fuller account of Scout's childhood because those were the parts whoever read it liked best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now