Talk

Advanced search

Inspirational books

(8 Posts)
Noregrets78 Tue 20-Jan-15 18:29:04

I need some suggestions of inspirational books. Ones that will help motivate me to stop smoking / be healthy / do all those things I want to do, but don't because I'm stuck in a rut. Can't quite face self-help... But loved eg Wild. Any suggestions? Ta!

minilegofigure Tue 20-Jan-15 20:15:31

Eat pray love. Lots of people hate it and find her self absored but it's quite inspiring in its way. For the love of Tibet by isabel losada is a very funny read. About a women who tries all the self help things. It is humorously written but doesn't mock them. Also a well healed women is very funny but again quite inspiring.

minilegofigure Tue 20-Jan-15 20:16:37

Ps I loved the book wild

DuchessofMalfi Tue 20-Jan-15 20:22:22

Is that the Pacific Crest Trail one by Cheryl Strayed? Was about to suggest that one smile It is on my tbr list. Will come back if I can think of anything else.

DuchessofMalfi Wed 21-Jan-15 06:43:16

You might like The End of Your Life Book club by Will Schwalbe. It's very sad, about his accompanying his mother to her hospital appointments - she is dying from pancreatic cancer. They discuss life, books and much more. It is sad but also inspirational. And you'll get some excellent book recommendations from it. I discovered quite a few including Mohsin Hamid's The Reluctant Fundamentalist, which I loved.

Noregrets78 Wed 21-Jan-15 13:40:23

Marvellous I'll take a look on Amazon. Was also considering the 'meaning of happiness' or whatever it's called. Duchess yes that's the one, on the Pacific Crest Trail. Loved it.

Noregrets78 Wed 21-Jan-15 16:31:22

Hector and the search for happiness! That's the one!

MoreCrackThanHarlem Wed 21-Jan-15 16:35:05

I have just finished Late Fragments by Kate Gross.
I don't usually like grief memoirs but it is a book so full of joy and inspiration I couldn't put it down.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: