Talk

Advanced search

Want a book recommendation that'll keep you up all night?

(25 Posts)
HotLipsHoulihan Thu 15-Jan-15 11:57:42

' I let you go ' by Clare Mackintosh.

Recommended to me by my mother. She said she couldn't put it down. I passed on the recommendation to a friend - who read it in one sitting last night. Half way through it myself and it is absolutely GRIPPING.

Honestly , give it a go. All five start reviews on Amazon that for once are accurate wink

PS no, I'm not the author grin

waycat Thu 15-Jan-15 16:32:48

Thanks for this recommendation. I've just added it to my Amazon wish list for further perusal later when I have more time.

It sounds as if it'll be well worth buying.

HotLipsHoulihan Thu 15-Jan-15 16:37:54

Oh it is! You won't be disappointed

Trumpton Thu 15-Jan-15 16:39:09

Bought it !

HotLipsHoulihan Thu 15-Jan-15 16:47:16

Ooh brilliant. Let me know what you think

I can't recommend it enough . It's good because it's instantly grabbing

wavingfuriously Thu 15-Jan-15 20:28:06

how good is this novel ? please say more cos atm am looking for a good book to get immersed in. it has 75 4 or 5 star reviews on amazon but it's common knowledge they PAY for their reviews so I need the truth !!

thanks

MrsBungle Thu 15-Jan-15 20:31:48

Oooh I shall look this up!

makemineapinot Thu 15-Jan-15 20:34:35

What's it about?

MaelstromOfLunacy Thu 15-Jan-15 20:51:02

Just bought, thank you!

wavingfuriously Thu 15-Jan-15 20:56:13

!! are you friends of the author ?!

HotLipsHoulihan Thu 15-Jan-15 21:02:01

See my first post! I'm not her nor do I know her.

I REALLY struggle to get into books these days - so easily distracted. My mum raved about this book, said she read it in one hit, all night . So I recommended it to a friend who did it in one go last night... And I started it and was HOOKED

The twist is immense!

I'm so suspicious of rave reviews but this book definitely deserves them!

I was one of the first to recommend ' into the darkest corner ' years ago ... And everyone enjoyed that!

singaporefling Thu 15-Jan-15 21:07:29

Am going to buy it tomorrow!!! Thank you

BOFster Thu 15-Jan-15 21:09:59

Yes yes, you are pretty good at book recommendations, OP apart from that one time with The Dating Detox grin

I read this last night on your recommendation- downloaded it at 9pm, started reading without even knowing what it would be about, and finished it in one sitting at just gone 1am. Now that is a gripping read.

BOFster Thu 15-Jan-15 21:12:11

It's a mixture of family drama, police procedural and thriller (although at one point it starts feeling a bit chick litty, but then BAM, the twist...). Oh, I loved it.

wavingfuriously Thu 15-Jan-15 21:15:30

OK i've done it !!smile
wish i had your concentration BOFster..

tessiegirl Sat 17-Jan-15 18:24:57

Oooh this sounds just like my sort of thing....I'm intrigued!! Thanks for the recommendation! grin

macnab Tue 20-Jan-15 16:57:58

Thanks for the recommendation. I just downloaded it to my kindle from tuebl - hope that doesn't offend anyone. Also got "The Girl on The Train" too, they didn't have it the last time I searched. Looking forward to reading it now (currently reading "I am Pilgrim")

tessiegirl Tue 20-Jan-15 18:12:33

Oh yeah macnab, The Girl On The Train sounds good too

CaitSith Tue 20-Jan-15 18:16:04

Thanks for the recommendation, sounds like a great read! Added to my EreaderIQ list, as soon as the price drops a bit I'll be picking it up, can't wait to read

U2TheEdge Wed 21-Jan-15 17:30:45

Just started this. Thanks smile

thelittlebooktroll Wed 21-Jan-15 18:19:42

The book sounds great, but I cannot read any books about a child being harmed/dyingsad

wasoncearacergirl Thu 22-Jan-15 17:22:57

i was a bit sceptical, i kept thinking its going to be like that one where the sister turns out to be a chimpanze! brilliant thank you. off to write in the sand!

U2TheEdge Thu 22-Jan-15 17:40:19

Almost finished it.

A great read.

I guess there will be a final twist which I am pretty sure i've figured out.

imaginative Sun 25-Jan-15 10:09:29

I REALLY want to read this book, but I think £7.99 for a kindle copy is very greedy. I will wait until it drops in price, but will definitely get it.

antimatter Sun 25-Jan-15 20:57:37

Is already 6.99 on Kindle ....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: