Talk

Advanced search

My Kindle keyboard died last night Amazon offered me a deal wwyd

(17 Posts)
minsmum Wed 24-Dec-14 13:03:13

They very kindly offered me a Paperwhite with 3g for £73 or WiFi only for £63. I can't decide whether to go for one of those or splash out on a Voyage. Advice needed please.

vintagenurse Wed 24-Dec-14 13:11:03

How much of a reader are you? If you read loads I would get a Voyage there are some good features on there. Otherwise go with the normal Paperwhite, personally Ive never found the need for 3g on a kindle

DuchessofMalfi Wed 24-Dec-14 13:25:09

Don't know anything about the Voyage, but DH has a Paperwhite (WiFi only) and he loves it. When I need a new kindle, I'll be getting a Paperwhite. He uses the backlit feature a lot, which I haven't got on mine.

minsmum Wed 24-Dec-14 14:03:01

I do read a lot and I think that's why I haven't snapped up their generous offer yet

HopefulHamster Wed 24-Dec-14 14:48:22

I wasn't fussed about the new features on the Voyage so when I lost mine recently (sob!) I bought a new refurb Paperwhite (wifi only). Love it. Little between paperwhite and voyage, a huge difference between the old style and those two.

MollyMaDurga Wed 24-Dec-14 14:59:27

What kind of deal would they do you for the Voyage? I just had a look and it does look fab, expensive though! You can always ask..?

MimsyBorogroves Thu 25-Dec-14 21:28:24

What is so appealing about the voyage? I read loads (and loads...) and admittedly I've only looked quickly at the new kindles, but I can't quite work out what's different about the voyage and the other new one.

I'm considering upgrading to the paperwhite too, OP, so would be interested to know about the advantages of the newer spec models.

U2TheEdge Fri 26-Dec-14 16:49:43

I got the voyage for Xmas.

It is amazing. The text is so crisp and clear and the thing is much faster.

I would highly recommend it.

minsmum Fri 26-Dec-14 21:32:51

That is what I wanted to know. I really think that I want the voyage but I am going to have to wait a while until I receive some money I'm owed.

U2TheEdge Fri 26-Dec-14 22:01:03

It really is better. No dust can get trapped in the sides, it is much lighter and thinner and the light is more even.

I am in love with mine. So much more responsive than the paper white.

minsmum Wed 14-Jan-15 15:23:13

Just to let you know that I am currently on the phone with Amazon to let them know I won't be taking them up on their kind offer of a paperwork. I explained that I would be getting the Voyage and they have just given me 20. 00 pounds discount.
I am really amazed but in a good way

BestIsWest Thu 15-Jan-15 21:41:59

How old was your Kindle Keyboard?

Roseformeplease Thu 15-Jan-15 21:45:29

But I love my Keyboard and it fits the expensive leather case (with built in light). When it dies, the new ones will not fit the case. So, when this happened before, I bought one on eBay. (Wails piteously because I love my case!)

What is the voyage?

minsmum Sat 17-Jan-15 16:45:14

My keyboard was 4 years old, so well outside the warranty period. It was used every day I loved it more than my dh.It had an orange lighted case too.
The Voyage is the newest kindle ereader, it's not a tablet.

LIZS Sat 17-Jan-15 16:49:42

I've mainly used the 3G to download stuff on holiday when one wifi available. My kindle keyboard must be similar age

PrimalLass Sat 17-Jan-15 17:10:59

I love my keyboard Kindle too, and I bought a pink lighted case really cheaply (tenner) when Amazon stopped selling that model. I had a brown leather one first time but I broke it.

But I still lust after a new Kindle...

BestIsWest Sat 17-Jan-15 17:52:09

Mine is 4 years old too and used all the time. I'm amazed it's stll working. Good to hear Amazon do deals on them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: