Talk

Advanced search

Trying to get back into reading after having baby.

(7 Posts)
Rtfairy Sat 06-Dec-14 21:31:53

My dd is now 1 and before she was born I would read a couple of books a week but have only read a handful of books over the past year. So I'm currently reading Life After Life by Kate Atkinson and I'm enjoying it but would like some recommendations if possible please. I tend to enjoy popular fiction, a range of genres, just really looking for some inspiration.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sat 06-Dec-14 21:36:11

Liok at Laurell K Hamilton's books. She fantasy/super natural fiction and she is gooooood.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sat 06-Dec-14 21:36:28

Obviously that should be look. hmm

Rtfairy Sat 06-Dec-14 21:38:02

Thanks I will do. Is that the vampire series?

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sat 06-Dec-14 21:38:09

Night Waking by Sarah Moss

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sat 06-Dec-14 22:19:53

She does a series called Anita Blake but it's more than vampires. There's about 20 books in that series, I'm on about book 9 I think.

FreeButtonBee Sat 06-Dec-14 22:28:09

I've found that I can't handle modern lit much at the moment so am enjoying things like Nancy Mitford, pg Wodehouse, Edith Wharton. Also love georgette heyer - if you like intelligent period romance, you will love. I've just finished "the first fifteen lives of Harry August" when in bed with a horrible col, which was very enjoyable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now