Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone read any of The Walking Dead comics/graphic novels, and if so are they good?

(7 Posts)
Kasterborous Sun 23-Nov-14 22:21:00

I've enjoyed the T.V series and was wondering if the comics/graphic novels are worth a read.

WerewolfBarMitzvah Sun 23-Nov-14 22:25:53

I think they are good. More gripping than the tv series and also more violent/shocking.

MyIronLung Fri 28-Nov-14 20:51:40

I LOVE the tv series...going to have to look at the graphic novels now!

ThatDamnedBitch Fri 28-Nov-14 21:01:46

Yes, the graphic novels are excellent. As much as I love the TV series the books are a lot better.

Kasterborous Fri 28-Nov-14 21:51:41

Thanks, I got the first one as a big omnibus at 1,000 pages and I love it. It is better than the TV series and moves at a much faster pace and even though it's the same characters they are all in different 'orders' and it is different to the TV series. I'm really enjoying it.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 01-Dec-14 18:12:34

I googled the graphic novels- they are more shocking and violent than the series imo. I'm glad I looked as ds was trying to persuade me he was old enough to read them as I won't let him watch the seriesgrin

Kasterborous Tue 02-Dec-14 08:03:55

Having read the first big omnibus I agree they are far more violent than the T.V series. It's a good job they are in black and white. I'm still enjoying them though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now