Talk

Advanced search

The Invention of Wings - Sue Monk Kidd

(7 Posts)
busyboysmum Thu 23-Oct-14 20:47:54

I've just finished this and was so moved and inspired by it I had to recommend it. I've not read her earlier books but am going to give them a try next as I really loved the way she writes.

Has anyone else read this and loved it?

highlandcoo Thu 23-Oct-14 22:44:59

Hi OP - yes I was lucky to get a copy of The Invention of Wings as a MN giveaway a few months ago and I thought it was excellent. There's a movie in it I'm sure .. Twelve Years a Slave and The Help (I've seen the first but not the second) have both drawn large audiences and I think this would too.

I thought the novel was even more interesting for being based on the true story of the Grimke sisters .. whom I'd never heard of.

I recommend The Secret Life of Bees by the same author. I read it a few years ago and enjoyed it. I have to say The Invention of Wings surpasses it however IMO.

mumslife Fri 24-Oct-14 13:11:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PullMySocksUp Sun 26-Oct-14 05:02:25

It's on my wish list as I loved her other books ~ The Mermaid Chair is fabulous. I have a serious Kindle and real backlog of books so I'm trying to work through those before buying any more smile

LadyWithLapdog Sun 26-Oct-14 06:58:20

I listened to that a few years back. Bizarre and different. I liked it.

LadyWithLapdog Fri 31-Oct-14 21:51:18

In fact I think it was a different one. Bees, sisters, remote place. That's about as much as I remember of the one I read.

TheWhisperingDeath Wed 05-Nov-14 18:28:11

I'm reading this at the moment. It's great. I loved The Secret Life of Bees too.

Definitely has film potential.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now