Talk

Advanced search

Kindle unlimited

(15 Posts)
StillWearingOddSocks Thu 16-Oct-14 14:54:59

I think it's pretty universally acknowledged that the kindle unlimited isn't worth it BUT does anyone want to collaborate on a killer list to read on a one month free trial?

(For me that will be 4-5 books)

So far I have the magpies & the author's other one....

StillWearingOddSocks Fri 17-Oct-14 09:29:00

Nobody likes my thread wink

HoneyDragonMumshnet Fri 17-Oct-14 09:29:46

What's kindle unlimited? <<buggers off to google>>

StillWearingOddSocks Fri 17-Oct-14 10:20:41

Hi grin - it's the kindle read all you want service. But not much in the selection offered. They do a free month trial though, so thought it would be good to get a list of the gems going - the wheat amongst the chaff!

It's £7.99 for a month after the free trial. Not worth it IMO as selection so limited....

321zerobaby Fri 17-Oct-14 22:01:54

I like the thread! I am doing the free trial month. I only read cheap or free erotic books so don't need a high brow selection. Have read 4 already in the last week or so, 2 Ok, 2 not so good.

EvilEmperorZurg Fri 17-Oct-14 22:05:50

I read "Look behind you" Sibyl Hodge. It was okay - but I couldn't even remember what it was about just now so maybe not that good. Will try another. Have already started my free month.

EvilEmperorZurg Fri 17-Oct-14 22:13:22

Apple Tree Yard is good and it's available

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Sat 18-Oct-14 14:52:14

You're right that it isn't really worth it. I have a wishlist of over a hundred books and only a handful are on there.

If you want something other than fiction, I've liked Every day is a holiday and Free Country both by George Mahood. They're of the silly challenge/travel fiction a la Tony Hawks etc.

Some of Nick Spalding's books are on there too.

MrsTaraPlumbing Sun 19-Oct-14 10:01:39

I have recommended this to many of my friends
FOUR FLORINS Ishbel's Wars by Valeria Jane Wilson
There is a second book coming in the future which I will definitely buy.
I'm NOt joining Kindle Unlimited though.

StillWearingOddSocks Sun 19-Oct-14 16:58:14

Thanks for the suggestions....really enjoying 'the magpies ' on the free trial

Clackety Tue 21-Oct-14 11:33:23

I'm using the free trial to speed read all the crappy style and beauty Ebooks that are under £2 and shouldn't have been published, some are really bad but there are some ok ones.

Jamie Cat Callan series on French chicness are good and on the unlimited list.

Also a couple of good books on organising and such.

I doubt I'll sign up for the deal but I've enjoyed feeding my love of trashy beauty books!

StillWearingOddSocks Thu 23-Oct-14 08:32:10

grin Clackety! Do you have some titles to share?

I find it's hard to work out what's a proper (ie published ) book & what's just self-published dross. Further compounded by fact that I know there is some great self published fiction too

Clackety Thu 23-Oct-14 15:45:44

Nothing inspired me enough to keep them, sorry! They were mainly useless but I liked a book about elegance by eunice somebody and a couple of books by carol Tuttle on dressing your truth were very wacky but I gleaned a few snippets..

thetropicmama7 Tue 28-Oct-14 17:52:55

Just out of curiosity, what happens to the books you download on to your Kindle once the month is up?

StillWearingOddSocks Thu 30-Oct-14 18:59:41

Hmmm - good question. Maybe you have to hit 'return this book' on each one before they process cancellation of free trial ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now