Talk

Advanced search

Goodreads - groups

(5 Posts)
BsshBosh Sat 23-Aug-14 09:18:06

I've just joined Goodreads (username Bssh) and am liking the ability to log my reading. But I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of groups. What groups are you a member of? I know of the Vipers group but isn't that a book club group (I don't necessarily want to read a specific book a month, just want to chat about what we're all reading). My preferences are literary fiction.

OP’s posts: |
DuchessofMalfi Sat 23-Aug-14 13:27:20

Bssh - I used to be one of the mods of the Book Vipers group on Goodreads - had to give up because it was taking up too much of my time. It is a general discussion group, with optional monthly reads which are not compulsory smile - I often didn't have time to take part in them. Unless the group's dynamics have changed since I left, general book discussions were very active too.

I don't spend an awful lot of time on Goodreads any more - just record my current reads. Not terribly helpful, sorry smile

BsshBosh Sat 23-Aug-14 15:32:09

Okay, I'll browse the current Viper discussions. It looks pretty active. Thanks! I'm definitely loving the catalogue functions of Goodreads, plus it's thrown me some very relevant and interesting recommendations which is very helpful for a book obsessive like me.

Cherrypi Sat 23-Aug-14 15:34:17

The next best book club is good and the UK book club.

BsshBosh Sat 23-Aug-14 16:37:02

Thanks. Have joined all three groups now.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in