Talk

Advanced search

Can't remember the title!!!

(10 Posts)
cheeseandbiscuitsplease Tue 01-Apr-14 07:01:41

Please can anyone help me track down this book!!!! I bought it approximately 10 years ago, a hilarious book about a guy trying to win back his girlfriend. I had the paperback edition and it had a picture of a penguin on the front. In the book the guy nicked a penguin from London zoo and kept it in his bath in his flat. Sounds bizarre but it was genuinely the funniest and loveliest book. I can't remember the title or the author. Loaned my copy to a workmate who then moved on.....and took my bloody book with her. I bought the book after seeing it advertised on billboards on the tube when I was on holiday on London and it had such great reviews. It was hilarious and very very touching. Can anyone help???!!!!

DuchessofMalfi Tue 01-Apr-14 08:58:29

Sounds familiar, but no idea what title is eithersmile

Have also learned from bitter experience not to lend books to people. I don't anymore.

AlpacaLypse Tue 01-Apr-14 08:59:59

I remember it too, but sorry can't remember title or author - not a Tony Hawks was it?

Nucky Tue 01-Apr-14 09:03:28

Are you sure it was London Zoo? It sounds very much like the plot of Andrey Kurkov's 'Death and the Penguin' but that is set in Ukraine.

Cheboludo Tue 01-Apr-14 14:48:57

It isn't My Fat Brother by Jim Keeble, is it? Your description made me think of the cover - it's white with a little painted penguin.

justkeeponsmiling Tue 01-Apr-14 15:06:03

Just a wild guess as I've not read it but could it be Silver Lining Playbook?

cheeseandbiscuitsplease Tue 01-Apr-14 21:02:39

Yes Chenoludo thats it My Fat Brother!!!!! Thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! Aaah that's amazing thank you going to order it straight away hurrrrrayyyyyyy!!!!

cheeseandbiscuitsplease Tue 01-Apr-14 21:03:07

Cheboludo sorry ;)

Cheboludo Tue 01-Apr-14 21:21:32

You're very welcome! I'd had it for years but haven't read it - think I'll stick it on my TBR pile now smile

highlandcoo Wed 02-Apr-14 07:55:13

That's so weird - I've also had this sitting in my bookcase for ages and came across it just the other day. Will definitely get round to reading it after your recommendation OP smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now