Talk

Advanced search

Quick straw poll for book club read

(4 Posts)
AnneWentworth Sat 22-Feb-14 15:50:52

Having counted up the votes, we have a three way tie and I am yet to vote so MN friends what shall we read:

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

The Shock of the Fall - Neil Filer

Before I go to sleep (to be honest I am unlikely to vote for this)

I am interested in mental health and the point of book club is read things you wouldn't normally etc so I am drawn to The Shock of the Fall. However, I love TPODG and would love to reread and would enjoy 2 hours of talking Oscar Wilde, plus I have a busy month ahead so perhaps a reread would be easier.

DuchessofMalfi Sat 22-Feb-14 16:46:00

I didn't like Before I Go To Sleep - did nothing for me, thought it was over-hyped tosh.

The Shock of the Fall - on my tbr list fairly soon. Heard good things about this one.

The Picture of Dorian Gray - brilliant. Really enjoyed this one. Still has the power to shock. I'd go for this one smile

AnneWentworth Sat 22-Feb-14 16:50:22

Duchess - I opted for The Shock of the Fall.. I feel sad about DG, but I do know that there is likely to be a nineteenth century module at uni next year where there are two weeks devoted to Oscar Wilde and DG is on the reading list so I will be able to read in the summer.

GoldenBeagle Sun 23-Feb-14 16:20:54

Not Before I Go To Sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now