Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Barracuda by Christos Tsiolkas is 99p on Amazon Kindle (20/02/14)

(5 Posts)
SarahAndFuck Thu 20-Feb-14 10:11:20

I know most people hated The Slap but I wondered if everyone might like the chance to also hate Barracuda at a discounted price grin

This is the blurb: Daniel Kelly, a talented young swimmer, has one chance to escape his working-class upbringing. His astonishing ability in the pool should drive him to fame and fortune, as well as his revenge on the rich boys at the private school to which he has won a sports scholarship. Everything Danny has ever done, every sacrifice his family has ever made, has been in pursuit of his dream. But when he melts down at his first big international championship and comes only fifth, he begins to destroy everything he has fought for and turn on everyone around him.

KurriKurri Thu 20-Feb-14 14:43:33

Actually I could do with a book where I hate all the characters - might take my mind off STBXH grin thanks!

(To be more serious, this one sounds like a better story the The Slap)

NadiaWadia Thu 20-Feb-14 15:16:47

Thanks so much for the alert! I wonder why this was not better publicized. Deals of the Day have been a bit lacklustre recently but here is a top author's book at a bargain price, and who knew? (Except you, obviously!)

SarahAndFuck Thu 20-Feb-14 17:13:10

I only found it by accident. smile

I wish list things I'm not sure I want to pay full price for and then browse the list once a week or so to see if they've dropped the price.

I'm not sure how long this one has been at 99p but I spotted it at this price this morning.

gailforce1 Thu 20-Feb-14 21:05:55

Thanks for posting this Sarah. I have now added it to my ever expanding kindle library!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now