Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Shock of the fall - synopsis?

(8 Posts)
redpickle Thu 30-Jan-14 13:54:00

I'm trying to find a synopsis of this book. Given that it's the Costa prize winner, you'd think that would be easy. All I can find are reviews, reviews and reviews. That seems to happen a lot these days and it's very annoying! I don't want to know what the Sunday Times reviewer thought, I want to know what the sodding book is about. Moan over...so what's the synopsis?

DuchessofMalfi Thu 30-Jan-14 17:51:20

Does this help at all?

DuchessofMalfi Thu 30-Jan-14 17:53:00

Does this help?

DuchessofMalfi Thu 30-Jan-14 17:57:58

Apologies for the double post - computer had a bit of a blip grin

mimbleandlittlemy Fri 31-Jan-14 15:59:21

Planning to read it next so if you do decide to read it Red then happy to read along too.

Dunlurking Mon 03-Feb-14 10:22:19

Just finished this. What a beautiful book. The writer has such a gentle way of looking at mental illness. It can be read in a day, with short chapters and varying types of print/font, and voice really, to reflect the protagonist's varying moods/stages of illness etc. It is easy reading. And definitely brings a few gulps or tears.

Sadly my library copy is due back today, but I'll be buying a paperback copy.

MimsyBorogroves Thu 06-Feb-14 14:44:07

Looking forward to reading this but I've got a huge list waiting on my kindle. so unless it drops to 99p I won't be buying it for a while.

mimbleandlittlemy Thu 06-Feb-14 17:17:12

It is a very good read. Finished it last night and even though I have small misgivings about the ending (I am beginning to wonder if no one can finish a book satisfactorily any more), I thought it was very beautifully written. If you do end up getting it on kindle do make sure you do what they say at the beginning and put the kindle on to the publishers' settings so you get the variations in font .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now