Talk

Advanced search

The Chimp Paradox

(9 Posts)
CrossWords Tue 28-Jan-14 10:45:46

Has anyone read this and found it helpful? Specifically, for anxiety?

Waitingforflo Tue 28-Jan-14 10:48:15

I have it but the layout and poor editing is very offputting sad . . .

Piscivorus Tue 28-Jan-14 10:54:35

My DS read it a while ago as a career development thing, he was really impressed and recommended it to me but I haven't read it yet

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Tue 28-Jan-14 11:00:42

I have just bought it and am starting to read it. It reads like the author thinks the person reading is a bit thick, tbh, but my gp knows him personally and said he's the dogs bollocks, so im giving it a go.

(she did not use the phrase 'dogs bollocks' grin)

CrossWords Tue 28-Jan-14 11:03:30

Hahaha
I am a bit sceptical of self help books generally and not the type of person who does the exercises you're supposed to do (lists and stuff). But i really want this to work

Waitingforflo Tue 28-Jan-14 11:08:31

Ha! That's exactly it - 'It reads like the author thinks the person reading is a bit thick.' grin

DomesticAnarchist Sun 24-Sep-17 17:32:45

Resurrecting an old thread.

How did people get on with this book? I’m still very near the beginning, and I appreciate some of the criticisms, but a lot rings true so far.

Long way to go still (extremely slow reader with little time to read!)

ScimitarsAndScarves Sun 24-Sep-17 17:35:01

I’m going to start on this soon, if only because DP keeps commenting on people’s ‘chimps’ confused

But I suspect now I’ll just think that the writer thinks I’m a bit thick grin

DomesticAnarchist Sun 24-Sep-17 20:04:17

It’s a very “inclusive” writing style! But, I need that when it’s late and I’m tired!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now