Talk

Advanced search

I have been given a £10 token to spend on a book/books for my Kindle - suggestions please

(9 Posts)
ElaClaw Thu 02-Jan-14 19:23:51

I usually stick to the 99p deals (so I am used to reading crap...) and am relishing the chance to read something good.

OP’s posts: |
RoseRedder Thu 02-Jan-14 20:13:35

I recommend an authour Nick Stone.

He has 3 books the 1st in the series is Mr Clarinet.

I recommend this all the time, it is a book that really stuck with me. Bought it in paperback 3 times (lent it to friends and didn't get it back so replaced) and also bought for my kobo when I got one.

It's muder/supernatural/voodoo sort off.

Here is a link Mr Clarinet in case your interested?

Wil be watching with interest as I'm also after some new books

ElaClaw Thu 02-Jan-14 20:29:12

Thank you, definitely sounds worth a look. Any book that someone wants to read more than once has got to be good smile

BoohPear Thu 02-Jan-14 20:33:11

If you like horror/gore I really recommend the Jack Daniels series. They're by J.A Konrath or Jack Kilborn. (Same author just can't remember which name he uses for this series)

For simple silly romancy I enjoyed a series which I think we're called 3 girls and a...baby...wedding and there's a third one as well that I can't remember.

< totally helpful post>

craftynclothy Thu 02-Jan-14 20:39:41

I recently finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty and really enjoyed it.

pinkandsparklytoo Thu 02-Jan-14 20:48:31

I can recommend the Spartacus books by Ben Kane, I really enjoyed them and struggled to put them down.

nessus Thu 02-Jan-14 21:13:11

Don't often read 'chick-lit' but bought The Pile of Stuff at the Bottom of the Stairs by Christina Hopkinson this evening. It's not arrived yet (hard copy) but reviews are good (Bitch Magazine for example). You can get it for 3.99 on kindle.

My last two kindle purchases were The Idiot for £0.69 (got to the final chapter on holiday 3 years ago but never finished which meant starting all over again...ouch! In my defense, the writing got/gets really leaden at this exact point), and Pollyanna for £0.00 which I 'bought' for DD but got totally engrossed in, and I say this without shame blush

bimblebee Fri 03-Jan-14 15:51:26

Two brilliant books I read last year on Kindle and both under £2 are As Far as you can go by Lesley Glaister and Black is the colour by Helen Howe.

ElaClaw Fri 03-Jan-14 19:22:11

Thanks. I downloaded The Husband's Secret as it was the only title I could remember off the top of my head. I will be back for more grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in