Talk

Advanced search

If you like Dana Stabenow's crime novels or have a romantic view of life in Alaska

(8 Posts)
BaaHumbug Tue 10-Dec-13 16:39:15

Then you might enjoy reading this collection of articles that she wrote for an Alaskan magazine. It's free on Kindle. She has a lovely writing style and she paints a cosy, eclectic picture of Alaska and its assorted peoples. There's not nearly as much violent death as you might have expected having read her novels. grin

OP’s posts: |
haggisaggis Tue 10-Dec-13 16:43:24

I love her novels! Read all the Kate Shugak ones after getting one free on kindle.

JadziaSnax Tue 10-Dec-13 16:46:04

Me too haggisaggis. Thanks*BaaHumbug*, have downloaded it.

alcibiades Tue 10-Dec-13 17:33:03

I love her books, especially the glimpses of life in Alaska (in between the crimes, of course!). I've downloaded this one.

Thanks for the link, BaaHumbug.

BaaHumbug Wed 11-Dec-13 13:12:20

I'm finding it quite calming to read. I like the contrast between my hectic life, which is so full that every new thing (Christmas bazaar, nativity plays etc) has to be shoe-horned in and the Alaskan life where community things are a highlight in an otherwise quiet and sometimes solitary lifestyle.

OP’s posts: |
WowOoo Wed 11-Dec-13 13:14:40

I've never read her. Her name is in my notebook now -thanks.

Wilding Wed 11-Dec-13 13:17:55

Another fan over here! Thanks for the link.

After reading her books I always get such an urge to go and move to Alaska and get myself a husky. Especially if the policemen are all as fit as Jim Chopin

sighs wistfully

verona Sat 04-Jan-14 18:23:20

There's a set of 3 Dana Stabenow books on the Book People's website for £4.99. Recognized the name from this thread and am abiut to buy them.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in