Can anyone help me find the author/title of this crime book? (warning graphic details)

(10 Posts)
WafflyVersatile Mon 19-Aug-13 22:12:36

Yay!

I don't remember anything about murders in it. confused

MrsCosmopilite Mon 19-Aug-13 22:08:20

I googled, and Ingrid and Waffly were right!

Gin all round, I think! smile

{Thanks for the amendment Olivia}

Rooners Mon 19-Aug-13 19:06:15

No worries smile

OliviaIsOffTheGinMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Aug-13 18:46:46

Hi there OP
Sorry not ringing bells with me.
we have amended your thread title to warn others
Good luck with finding out

MrsCosmopilite Mon 19-Aug-13 17:49:47

Thanks, Indrid and Waffly that does ring a bell. Off to google it.

Sorry, Rooners - it was one of those books that was in equal parts horrific and fascinating. I don't recommend American Psycho!

Rooners Mon 19-Aug-13 15:12:55

God I wish I hadn't read that.

WafflyVersatile Mon 19-Aug-13 15:08:41

The Insult was the one that sprung to mind here too.

IndridCold Mon 19-Aug-13 14:55:18

I don't think it is the one you are looking for, but 'The Insult' by Rupert Thomson has a blind man who can see. He's trying to find a missing girl.

Great book, one of my favourites!

CircassianLeyla Sun 18-Aug-13 21:58:14

No idea, I don't really read interesting stuff like this but bumping for you. It is frustrating when you can't remember something you enjoyed.

MrsCosmopilite Thu 15-Aug-13 22:35:16

Written within the last 15 years (I know that's not much help).

As I recall the main protagonist was a blind man who was suddenly able to 'see' again and witnessed a crime.
There was lots of detail in the narrative about what he'd seen, how he'd see it, and something about him drawing/writing something on a notepad. I think there was a female detective involved in the case.

There was also something about murders - women being 'filleted' with their bellies torn open, and the perpetrator of this crime was someone with learning difficulties.

I think it was set in America or Canada.

Sorry, realise that's not much to go on, but hoping it rings a bell with someone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now